The Company: This billion dollar company is the most comprehensive medical device company in the world, with its business extending across many healthcare disciplines. It is governed by the principle of making sure that all business decisions first and foremost benefit their customers. As a reactive company, it doesn't try to shape the industry or market, but reacts to changes in the world, NHS and individual hospitals and act accordingly. It doesn't try to force its approach upon the world.
The Position: They are now looking for a contracts and tender specialist for their Orthopaedic portfolio
Job Title: Contract & Tender Specialist
Area Working: Remote based (working from Home)
Products: Full Orthopaedic portfolio
Description (Person): You should have a University Degree (with an emphasis in Marketing, Economics, Systems and or Finance preferred) and solid experience in Tendering/Contracting/Analytics/Project Management within Medical Devices/ Pharma preferred, with proven track record in change management
Description (Job): You will work as part of the Contracts & Tenders Team, an integral part of the Commercial Business
Team driving a leading class internal and external customer experience, with customer mantra being
‘easy to do business with’. Responsibilities include:
• Proactively support the pre-tender phase; attend meetings and provide information as
• Act as a key point of contact through central mailbox and dedicated customer tender portals
with reference to contracts
• Review the evaluation criteria for each tender submission and ensure requirements are fulfilled
leading to successful tenders
• Coach non commercially aligned teams on the tender process and how to adhere to its
• Source, apply, submit, implement and manage tenders within specified deadlines
• Work with Pricing Teams to ensure all price is complete and authorised
• Produce detailed reports relating to tenders and proposals for Trust’s and internal customers
• Proactively manage the tender from start to finish, using a Project Management approach, in
collaboration with the field based Commercial Organisation, Marketing, Supply Chain and the
wider business, ensuring completion and driving value added content on each submission
• Follow the SOP for tender process
• Ensure maintenance of a tender response database for the DPS business (based on alignment)• Manage day to day relationships with Customers, Sales and Marketing Teams and Commercial
Services; keeping each group informed of any relevant changes/developments on contracts
• Work closely with other relevant internal business partners to evolve a Value Proposition which
demonstrates all current value offerings
• Produce tender summaries for use by internal teams and manage internal value catalogue
Evaluate the Tender:
• Upon final contract award support, where necessary, the setting up of bid documentation and
load into the Contract Manager System.
• Create a culture of Business Partnering with the aim at supporting and adding value to both our
internal stakeholders and external customer on all contracting issues.
• Maintain Customer engagement through face to face visits and relationship management calls.
• Support our external Key Customers understand the requirements needs for the NHS England
Scan4Safety initiative including GS1 and PEPPOL principles.
• Maintain our status as a contributing Supplier supporting the 6 Demonstrator Trust and any
additional phase round outs.
• Be a lead in providing contractual insight and guidance on both contractual and public
Pension: y 19%
Days Holiday: 25
Other Benefits: Mobile, Lunch Allowance, Lap Top