The company: Join a company who has led the way in the development, manufacture and marketing of innovative skincare products for 60 years. They are a specialist in skincare, backed by science. They provide consistently high quality products, underpinned by heritage and integrity. From its inception as a family business, it has grown to become a world leader, producing a comprehensive skin and health care range for sale around the world. Their reputation is built on consistently delivering effective, high-quality and innovative products to meet a diverse range of needs, and they are committed to creating the best possible skin therapies.
The position: The Sales Manager is primarily responsible for leading the sales team in the UK to maximize performance and profitability. This will be achieved through empowering and motivating the sales team to achieve sales targets through monitoring and evaluating team performance and providing professional and technical support when required. This role will consistently demonstrate and represent company values and spirit to external partners and internal workforce.
Why should you apply?
- Whether you are looking to grow your career, or to learn more about yourself, they have the opportunity day to day with growth being experienced year on year.
- As a family owned company, you are not treated like a number. The leaders take the time to get to know you.
- Everyone is recognised for their work, and when you break records, you celebrate!
Basic Salary: Negotiable
Area Working: UK - ideally commutable to Knutsford
- Medical or pharmaceutical experience within the primary care market is essential
- NHS and retail experience is beneficial
- You must have at least 2 years management/ leadership experience
- Bachelor degree in related field (e.g., medical, science or pharmaceutical)
- Ability to lead teams through motivating and empowering individuals
- Strong coaching and interpersonal skills
- Commercial acumen
- Advanced sales and account management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to think creatively and solve novel problems
- Excellent presentation and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain positive relationships and manage stakeholders appropriately
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office (i.e., excel, powerpoint)
You will be responsible for:
- Evaluating team performance and providing coaching and training to develop the commercial teams sales capabilities
- Setting sales targets and ensuring these targets are achieved through precise execution of the plans and providing technical support and tools.
- Lead the forecasting process, data management and tools; ensuring the wider business has a clear understanding of the future requirements for the UK
- As a leadership team member, contributing to the overall business strategy for the UK
Values - Actively support and nurture company values
- Lead, manage and motivate team members to achieve sales targets and objectives
- Monitor and evaluate team performance against key performance indicators
- Provide coaching and training to develop the teams sales capability
- Manage incentives to reward and motivate high performers
- Manage the OH&S process for the sales team
- Set targets and objectives for key revenue streams and oversee team performance and achievements to work towards and execute account plans
- Champion the quality and use of CRM system and data sources
- Champion the organisation within the NHS environment, building and maintaining key relationships
- Negotiate the annual deals with retailers to build a good agreement on the investment plans, outcomes, marketing activities and rebates
- Develop and maintain the annual sales expenditure budget
Forecasting and Business Performance:
- Deliver an accurate and realistic forecast each month to an SKU level by channel
- Report on channel and territory metrics, ensure sales targets are achieved for each and drive new business opportunities
- Create the UK sales plan and communicate this to the UK team and Regional and Global support teams
- Maintain a deep understanding of the retail and NHS market to maintain a competitive advantage and identify new business opportunities
- Analyse sales performance for the UK and provide insights for strategic planning and when needed corrective actions against current plan.
Broader Business Planning:
- Coordinate with the Marketing Manager to ensure marketing and sales plans are aligned and optimal
- Ensure marketing materials and activities meet the needs of the sales team
- Provide competitor intelligence identifying any threats or opportunities to drive competitive advantage
- Contribute to the annual budget cycle and strategic planning processes to drive long term sustainable growth