The Company: My client is a diversified, global medical device company focused on improving patients' lives by providing superior reconstructive and regenerative orthopaedic and spine solutions to physicians worldwide.
The company has four strategic business units that include BioStim, Biologics, Extremity Fixation and Spine Fixation and their products are distributed in more than 50 countries around the world via sales representatives, stocking distributors and subsidiaries. they employ approximately 900 employees around the world who are dedicated to the development, manufacturing and distribution of orthopaedic and spine products and regenerative tissue forms.
The Position: Working in a sales Management capacity the role involves managing all of the company's business throughout the UK
Basic salary: £70,000 - £80,000
Bonus: 30% commission (uncapped)
Area working: UK Wide
Products: Trauma/External Fixation for Spine and Extremities
You should have previous sales management experience withing the UK medical device sector gained within orthopaedics or similar and be looking to manage a UK wide team.
- Managing a team of 8 reps who sell a range of Orthopaedic products into theatre during procedures.
- Provide quality leadership for our internal and external customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding our Corporate Values at all times, inclusive of constructive problem solving, facilitating creative improvements, mentoring and inspiring others.
- Planning, executing and monitoring of all measures necessary to guarantee achieving budget, including:
- The selection, leadership, development and supervision of the assigned direct or indirect sales team
- Customer care for surgeons, surgical/theatre staff and hospital administration with the goal of achieving qualitative and sales-oriented consultation
- Conducting price negotiations and contractual preparation within the limits of in-house guidelines, up to contract conclusion
- Build close relationships with key account customers and opinion leaders while maintaining an excellent customer contact level
- Develop Key Opinion Leaders (Identify potential candidates early, by following medical journals and congresses, etc.)
- Presence at congresses and events
- Directs the selling activities within the area, inclusive of resource deployment and customer interactions. Prioritises effectively and in accordance with corporate objectives.
- Leads the Territory Managers, inclusive of managing performance, coaching, mentoring, hiring and career development.
- Responsible for country forecasting and sales tracking.
- Sets the vision for the area, develops, and adheres to a business plan to attain this vision.
- Evaluate market trends and gather competitive information, identify trends that effect current and future growth of regional sales and profitability. Disseminate information to regional Territory Managers & Marketing Department as necessary
- Achieves the areas revenue and profitability quotas; establishes an environment
- and foundation for future sales growth. Sells and guides others how to sell value and solutions to customers