The company: My client's success is founded on the pursuit of technical innovation and the provision of world-class products in terms of both quality and value. They are one of the UK’s leading suppliers of medical, surgical, and critical care devices.
The role: This role involves both new business and account management of (primarily) medical consumable products into Theatres, ITU & A&E departments throughout the Yorkshire and North East region.
Who should apply?
- Candidates with experience of negotiating with NHS procurement
- Candidates with medical consumable experience.
- Experience of ITU/Theatre and, or A&E sales would be an advantage.
Basic salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Bonus: open ended
Area working: North East and Yorkshire
Products: Theatre/Critical Care consumables Vascular Access, IV Access, Chest Drains, Fluid & suction Management
You will have previous sales to the NHS and ideally have prior working knowledge of consumables into Theatre/Critical Care/A&E, however other experience will be considered.
- Selling the company's range of ITU, Theatre, A&E and Ward based products.
- Presenting and demonstrating company products, the features and benefit, and their advantages over the competition.
- Negotiating product quality versus price to get the best value for the business and the customer.
- Qualifying opportunities to identify quick wins and slow burners and where you should maximise your time
- Cold Calling departments to arrange appointments.
- Identify and manage key stakeholders.
- Management of the sales process through cold call, appointment, demonstration, trial, evaluation and close.
- Ability to converse at all stakeholder levels from Procurement & Finance to Nurses, Matrons, Doctors and Engineers.
- Link all these stakeholders and convince them to change to your product, there is often more than one decision maker.
- Promote the Brand.
- Update CRM and Calendar on a weekly basis – a mix of planned cold calls and scheduled appointments
- Monthly reports on accounts close to closing.
- Some account management as you’ll be working with the same stakeholders from time to time (Procurement, Matrons and Theatre Managers) ensuring they’re happy with our products and that loan stock is maintained.