The opportunity: My client is looking for a field based account manager role, to support the Company's continued growth within the UK market. You will be vital to the future success and they therefore aim to attract a high calibre individual, who wishes to be part of this small dynamic team. The person needs to be a solution driven, self starter, highly motivated and determined individual, for this demanding and rewarding role.
The position: This is an excellent position for an experienced candidate to work in the biotechnology sales market selling clinical immunology. The company value your input and you can have a real influence on the direction of the whole company not just your territory. You will be tasked with autonomously managing your region but also with having an input into the UK market along with colleagues.
Who should apply:
- Candidates with a sold scientific background and previous hospital sales.
- Candidates happy to plan and autonomously manage a large geographic region on a key account basis.
- Candidates who want responsibility for their own work and who don't want to be bogged down with corporate red tape.
Basic Salary: c£55,000 (dependent on experience)
Area Working: South West, southern part of West MIdlands (to Birmingham), Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire
Products: Clinical Immunology/Haematology (plasma and immunoglobins)
You should have a degree or equivalent qualification ideally in a scientific related topic and be able to demonstrate solid sales ability into hospitals. You should also have an aptitude for building and maintaining robust working relationships across multidisciplinary groups.
Selling to Health Care Professional across Immunology, Haematology, Clinical Pharmacy, Procurement, Haemophilia and Critical Care you duties will include:
- Prioritise customers and therapy opinion leaders, set objectives and monitor progress in line with agreed business goals.
- Implementation of product action plans utilising available resources.
- Provide market intelligence to support the successful fulfilling of tender applications and the development of future organisational strategies.
- Communicate about products in a way that is meaningful and relevant to each individual customer: customise client interaction based on an understanding of their needs.
- Engage in informed discussions about products knowing when and how to seek and provide additional information.
- Coordinate with internal teams to develop customer target strategies, outlining activities and resource allocation for value driven solution based interactions. Ensure a correct balance is obtained between generation of new business and maintaining satisfied customers.
- Share learning and best practice across customer groups.
- Demonstrate a focus on better health outcomes (beyond acquisition, considering the HCP and patient experience)
- Develop a high degree of disease and product knowledge across the therapy area. Ensuring this knowledge is increased over time.
- Ensure effective communication within the organisation. This will involve the use of various reporting systems.
- Communicate a positive company image with all internal and external contacts. This includes representing the organisation at conferences and exhibitions.