The Company: My client is a leading provider of specialist healthcare and scientific products and services providing out-sourced sales, marketing and distribution for the medical and scientific sectors.
The Medical management team is comprised of a group of seasoned medical product professionals. The growth of the company has been achieved through its high quality products and services combined with the excellence of the people it employs. My client's promise to its customers is twofold. For suppliers they promise that we will promote, distribute and manage their brands as if they were their own and do so as their partner, always adding value to what they do. For the healthcare professionals they work with, they promise that they will receive expert service and support to achieve the very best outcomes for their patients.
The Position: they are looking an existing medical sales person who is driven, dynamic and wants the opportunity to ear a large open ended bonus.
Why Should You Apply?
- You will receive excellent training and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to work in the GI/Interventional and Oncology markets.
- Excellent bonus potential.
Basic salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Bonus: £24k (paid monthly) + end of year bonus
Area working: Teesside, Yorkshire, Trent
Products: A game changing technology in Irreversible Electroporation and the best-in-class Microwave Thermal Ablation technology. Also, metal stents, 3D matrix, haemostasis gels, endoscopic accessories (such as guidewire, clips, snares) and radio frequency ablation catheters
The ideal candidate will have successful and documented sales history in medical devices - preferably devices used in Interventional or theatre procedures with high value products, and able to demonstrate the use of case support as a selling tool looking for a person with a "can do, will do" attitude.
Other attributes: Excellent written, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with a strong personal drive.
The primary focus for this territory is to grow the Oncology Ablation market share. The territory sales are growing rapidly so they need the right candidate to continue this trend. The key therapeutic areas are Liver, Lung, Pancreas and Prostate tumour ablation. They have a game changing technology in Irreversible Electroporation with no competition and the best-in-class Microwave Thermal Ablation technology.
Responsibilities Not limited to but will include:
- Achievement of Company sales, profit margins and product targets for their area.
- To have a comprehensive knowledge of the businesses of which they work within along with regards to product range, technical specifications, prices, features, benefits, clinical applications and sales strategies.
- Provide presentations of products and services to Clinicians, theatre / department managers and nursing staff.
- Education of customers (and team members) in the practical features, benefits, handling of product, new technologies and the techniques employed in using the equipment.
- Making territory plans to achieve the targets in both sales and promotional activities.
- Maintaining and reporting, daily sales activity reports, account records, expenses and other administration as required by the company and your manager.
- Maintaining a Business Plan to maximise their territory’s sales opportunities.
- Reviewing the territory’s performance with your manager on a regular basis and write any required monthly reports.
- Scan for and report on competitors activity on their territory.
- Promoting and where required supporting study days, exhibitions and workshops on territory and throughout UK as required.
- Maintain and continue to develop the necessary skills and product knowledge by on-going self-development, to augment the training that the company provides and ensure that all company sponsored training is implemented.
- To communicate regularly with the National Sales Manager including planning for conference call and sales meetings.
- To assist with all marketing, research and product launches when necessary.
- To understand the financial operations, purchasing and funding practices of each client group, i.e. the NHS.
- Ability to influence, develop and negotiate with all financial representatives e.g. directors, procurement and business unit managers and other stakeholders in order to close a sale effectively and within profit margins/ targets.
- Effective use of up to date product literature and presentations to all relevant and influential stakeholders.
- NHS and private hospital personnel and communicate agreed sales strategies in line with agreed objectives.
- The ability to effectively utilise and demonstrate all relevant computer applications, communication tools and internal software systems.