The Company: My client is the fastest growing UK manufacturer of pressure area care solutions, having quickly developed a reputation for designing the most innovative support surfaces in the UK market. This rapidly expanding business is renowned for bringing customer-driven innovations to market along with delivering the highest levels of customer service, education and support.
The position: As part of their strategic growth plan, they are now looking to recruit a dynamic and talented Business Development Manager to successfully maintain and grow their business in the Midlands territory. This role represents an unlimited opportunity for the right individual to progress their career within a dynamic and fast growing company.
Why should you apply?
- This is a superb opportunity to work with a well established, well respected company.
- Personality is more important than the type of product you have been involved in.
- People who are personable, compassionate and have lots of empathy.
Basic salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Bonus: c£10k on target (open ended)
Area Working: East and West Midlands (Kettering most south, Crewe most north)
Products: Pressure Care Beds, Mattresses and Cushions
My client is ideally looking for someone with proven experience of selling to the NHS. Related Community Equipment and Acute market experience would be a clear advantage, as would a strong clinical background.
You must be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- A positive, self-motivated and competitive approach to developing new business and increasing sales within a team environment.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to plan and execute successfully.
- The ability to build and maintain close customer relationships.
- Self-disciplined with excellent planning/time management skills, and flexible in order to achieve results.
- Demonstrably self-confident, decisive, and resilient, with the ability to thrive under pressure and manage a number of priorities.
Selling/demonstrating Pressure Area Care equipment within the Acute and Community Health environment. Customer service / acquisition of new customers. Planning, executing and monitoring of all measures necessary to guarantee to achieve budget.
This encompasses in particular:
- Customer care for (managerial) stakeholders, clinical staff (Tissue Viability Nurses, Infection Control, District Nurses) and hospital administration with the goal of achieving qualitative and sales-oriented consultation.
- Organising and conducting training, ward/district nurse participation and workshop facilitation.
- Conducting price negotiations and contractual preparation within the limits of in-house guidelines, up to contract conclusion.
- Coordination of the distribution and logistics of products (Conditionals, Deposits, Kits …) with the support of the related manager.
- Controlling all the resources and materials of his related sales area.
- Optimisation of the resources (demo equipment).
- Regular reporting to Sales Managers, on the evolution of the sales, and adaptation to the circumstances of the market.