The Company: My client is an is an emerging company committed to identifying, developing and commercialising healthcare products internationally across a spectrum of therapeutic areas. They are dedicated to delivering high quality products to patients; enabling them to live and experience improved quality of life.
The Position: They are now looking for an experienced hospital sales rep to sell their portfolio of Nutritional and Sexual Health products.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent training given
- Very flexible role - can be tailored to the individual
- Open and welcoming customer base
This is a part-time role working 3 days/week.
Basic Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 pro rata (£24,000 - £27,000 take home pay)
Area working: East & West Midlands
Products: Nutrition, Sexual Health
Track record in medical sales. Experienced as a medical sales representative in the secondary, primary care and CCG environments in the relevant territory would be beneficial.
You will be responsible to Commercial UK for carrying out the following duties:
- To reach objectives and sales targets outlined in the territory business plan and agreed with Commercial UK at the beginning of the year and updated quarterly through the cycle brief
- To ensure that the business potential of the territory geography as a totality is optimised
- To promote and sell products as outlined in the cycle brief
- To promote the portfolio of products through macro influencing formulary groupings as appropriate including: national and regional formularies, area prescribing committees, hospital formularies, CCGs (ICPs), LPGs and occasionally, practices
- To find, develop and network a core group of key opinion leaders as well key decision makers in both the hospital and primary care environments including (as appropriate): Consultants, Specialist Registrars, Hospital Pharmacists, Specialist GPs, (GPs), CCG Prescribing Pharmacists (or equivalent title) and where appropriate Midwives, Health Visitors and Nurses
- To organise and attend appropriate exhibitions (note exhibitions and presentations will at certain times fall across evenings and weekends). To be the ultimate person responsible for the booking and logistics of all meetings that fall on your territory whether local or national (unless stated otherwise by Commercial UK). To log ALL meetings into your e-dairy with: meeting organiser contact, location, number of attendees, start time, finish time, customer type, stand size, meeting cost logged (and approved with commercial UK) as well as an assessment of meeting quality (1-6 excellent) and to ensure that they are synced and communicated with commercial UK and head office administrative staff diaries.
- The total number of days that you are contracted to work per working year is a 137 (note, this number of days is calculated after the removal of pro-rata statutory and holiday allowance days).
- The nature of the role is field based and it is expected that you will spend the majority of your time in the field (minimum of 85%) with no more than 15% of total working time spent on administration/home working.
- Through the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system develop and maintain an up to date and complete database of all customers called on along with a summary of the call activity and its nature as well as formulary status and sales development of the relevant account. Activities to be summarised in a separate weekly and monthly call report (data for which is drawn exclusively from the CRM).
- A two weekly rolling forward plan must be submitted at the end of each working week.
- To be pro-active and part of the process of identifying and developing new opportunities to increase sales.
- To report to Commercial UK any potential new business opportunities that may become available.
- To report to Commercial (UK) any potential for product improvement/development/innovation in a weekly market report.
- On occasion through the virtual ‘Innovation Team’ to undertake market research projects into new product possibilities.
- To maintain through our training programme (and through your own volition) excellent ongoing knowledge of disease areas, product, and competitors.
- To ensure through the company programme that the ABPI exam is taken within 2 years of commencing the role with the company (those already holding the qualification are exempt).
- Maintain thorough ongoing sales training and strong 1:1 selling skills
- To be a team player readily willing to share best practice and work with colleagues to drive the business forward.
- To attend 4 UK specific sales meetings per annum (where an overnight stay will be expected and/or to attend 4 quarterly meetings per annum at Head Quarters (an overnight stay will be expected)
- Other duties as determined from time to time by Commercial (UK).
- From time to time it is expected that you will work during the weekend when business opportunities dictate