The Company: Our client’s strength is in providing a reliable and caring service for our customers and introducing innovative new products to suit continuing needs. They pride themselves on having a close working relationship with healthcare professionals in both the hospital and community providing advice and education whilst also providing education whilst also providing advice directly to patients.
The Position: Working as a dedicated nurse in the Leicester University Hospital and reporting to the Nurse Manager, you will deliver safe and effective patient-centred services, which meet National, Regional and local requirements for patients with colorectal cancer and other related colorectal diseases under the direction of the Senior Colorectal Nurse.
Why Should You Apply?
- You will receive excellent training and development opportunities.
- Excellent opportunities for a current Nurse looking for a more commercial role.
Basic salary: to £34,000
Area working: University Hospitals of Leicester
Products/service: Stoma/Colorectal Service for Colorectal Cancer patients
- Two/three years post registration experience - NMC Registered.
- Ideally, you will have a Stoma or Colorectal background and good commercial awareness.
- You should have flexibility in order to meet patient and service needs and the ability to work autonomously.
- Dedicated to a Leicester Hospital in order to serve a specific contract your main responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the Nurse Manager, you will deliver safe and effective patient-centred services, which meet national, regional and local requirements for patients with colorectal cancer and other related colorectal diseases under the direction of the Senior Colorectal Nurse.
- You will support the development of the nursing service to achieve person-centred care under the direction of the Senior Colorectal Nurse.
- You will provide clinical expertise within the specialist area of colorectal cancer and other related colorectal diseases.
- You will also ensure the coordination of patient care across the clinical pathway in conjunction with the multi-professional team.
- Essentially, you will be a forward thinking registered nurse, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the flexibility to meet the needs of the patients and the service.
- As an important member of a larger team, you will be comfortable with independence as your day to day activities will be carried out autonomously.
- You must be able to provide evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrate commercial awareness.
- A driving licence is essential.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Life Assurance
- Professional membership fees (RCN, NMC) paid for
- 25 days per annum rising to 27 days after 5 years’ service