The Company: My client understand that every person’s health needs are unique, so they have built a trusted and dedicated home dispensing and clinical advice service that caters to all a patient could need. Formed in 1984 they now have dedicated UK and Scottish call centres and 38 Care Centres spread across the UK, that provide a discreet, confidential and reliable service.
Why should you apply?
This is an excellent opportunity for a Qualified Stoma Nurse/Nurse Prescribe to move into a more commercial role and control their diary and career future more than being in the NHS. They will consider someone on a full-time or part-time basis.
Basic salary: c£40,000 (pro rata if part-time)
Area working: Nottingham and surrounds
Products: Stoma Home Delivery Service
- Prescribe or recommend medical appliances in line with prescribing qualifications.
- Manage a clinical caseload, dealing with presenting patients' needs within a community care setting.
- Manage own clinical workload and respond effectively to patient needs, ensuring patient choice and ease of access to services.
- Provide safe, evidence-based, cost-effective, individualised patient care.
- Offer a holistic service to patients and their families, developing where appropriate an on-going plan of care/support, with an emphasis on prevention and self-care.
- Promote health and well-being through the use of health promotion and health education.
- Refer patients directly to other services/agencies as appropriate.
- Work with GP surgeries providing support in the specialist area.
- The development and use of referral pathways for new patients.
- Mentor and support other nurses in developing and maintaining clinical skills.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within and external to the service.
- Record accurate consultation data in patients records in accordance with the latest NMC guidance and other pertinent standards.
- Make professionally autonomous decisions and be accountable for such decisions.
- Where the post holder is an independent prescriber: to prescribe safe, effective and appropriate products.
- Participate in continuing professional development opportunities to ensure that up-to-date evidence-based knowledge and competence in all aspects of the role is maintained.
- Maintain revalidation requirements of NMC registration.
- Work within the latest NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Work to maintain practice in line with CQC regulations.
- Ensure the voice of the customer is heard within the company.
- Continually look for, and suggest, ways we can improve the service we provide to the wider business, to Health Care professionals and to our mutual clients.
You should be a qualified Nurse ideally with previous experience of working in Stoma. They will also look at nurse prescriber to do this for a couple of hours a day running alongside their current roles. Minimum requirements will be:
- Satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
- Nurse Prescriber and registered nurse.
- Competence in prescribing on stoma.
- Smart Card holder with access to System1.