The Company: My client doesn't believe in compromises – the medical community they support should never have to choose between performance, value, and service. It is their mission to provide all three by creating an unmatched experience that stems from listening to the surgical experts themselves.
The role: The primary focus of this position is to drive product usage in Operating Theatres in order to achieve and exceed sales targets across the territory.
Who should apply: Candidates with extensive sales experience at a Key Account level to operating Theatres on territory.
Basic salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Area working: South UK (exact boundaries to be drawn up dependant on where candidate is based)
Products: A surgical sealant patch used to control excessive bleeding and suturing materials (barbed suture)
- You should have a minimum of 4-years Surgical Sales experience and working in Operating Theatres and a working knowledge of the NHS (Experience of working in hospital and theatre and observe surgical procedures is essential)
- Experience of working in General Surgery, Gynaecology, Cardiothoracic, Urology & Neuro surgical specialities and knowledge of surgical procedures in these areas is highly desirable but not essential
- Be able to demonstrate previous Key Account Management implementation that resulted in rapid sales uplift
- Ideally you will also have the ABPI qualified or be prepared to work towards the qualification.
- Responsible for the development of business within the territory, achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Develop and implement robust and effective account plans and ensure delivery to agreed timescales against key performance indicators, including performance management of multiple projects in line with identified objectives.
- Work with internal peers and stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of account plans, overcome any obstacles, and ultimately exceed targets.
- Build strong and lasting relationships with relevant customers, and support them appropriately for the good of the patient, the customer and the company.
- Identify and define support needs where there are points of commonality or synergy across the other Business Franchises.
- Demonstrate product and procedure knowledge and demonstrate proper surgical application of company products. Facilitate surgeon's participation in field based Professional Educational events.
- Maintain high levels of disease area within surgical speciality and continue to build your technical product knowledge.
- Maintain NHS and customer knowledge in relationship to Surgical speciality and the process of surgical procurement.
- Take a proactive approach for maintaining your clinical expert knowledge and your personal development plan and attend relevant training programmes to sustain this.
- Efficiently and effectively manage local budgets according to local business plans, customer needs and changing business needs, dependant on the changing NHS or internal demands.
- Ensure that all administration tasks are completed and targets are met – Project plans, CRM system, expenses, customer records etc.