An excellent opportunity to work in a medical device company who are up and coming. Our client is looking to add to their team with a Service Engineer for a wide range of medical equipment.
Basic salary: Negotiable
Area working: Commutable to Wrington (Bristol area)
Products: Patient Monitors, Electro-Surgery Devices, Infusion Devices and Endoscopy Stack Systems
You should have:
- A HNC or equivalent in electronic engineering.
- Previous outstanding track record within the medical industry.
- Experience of Patient Monitoring, IEC 62353 Standards, Electro-Surgery Devices, Infusion Devices and Endoscopy Stack Systems.
- Formal training at recognised institute on maintenance and repair of medical devices.
- The role is to provide rapid and exemplary technical service on high value diagnostic and therapy equipment. First second and in some cases third line service for a range of pre-owned and new equipment.
- Develop, document and carry out procedures for dealing with equipment for repair and/or service.
- Liaise with OEM organisations to obtain parts and service for a wide variety of medical equipment.
- To provide telephone assistance to customers and ensure quality related responsibilities are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage tooling, documentation and training records to ensure external scrutiny compliance.
- Arrange & conduct training for customers.
- Arrange all site visits for service of all hospital equipment on maintenance contract.
- Maintain a library of technical manuals for all equipment.
- Conduct a continuous development of all testing standards to ensure compliance.
- Maintain the database of calibrated test equipment, ensuring currency of all equipment IAW with ISO.
- Develop a detailed technical understanding of a wide range of medical devices to facilitate support to the repair laboratory and in-field engineers, in relation to queries concerning repair/servicing work, or improvement activity.
- Resolve technical queries arising from other internal departments and customers either directly or through liaison with OEM.
- Source parts and consumables for equipment to maintain serviceability.