The company: This is an opportunity to join the world's leading supplier of intimate healthcare products and services operating across Ostomy Care, Continence Care, Urology Care and Wound and Skin Care markets. Employing over 10,000 people in over 130 countries, the business is a global organisation developing and marketing products to hospitals, primary care, wholesalers and retailers as well as directly to consumers (homecare). With a strong record of product and service innovation they work in close partnership with the NHS and healthcare professionals to support and drive the best clinical solutions and services to patients.
The position: The primary focus of this role is to grow business through all commercial opportunities and deliver both revenue and profit returns. A crucial management and customer facing role, responsible for all aspects of operational and strategic management of a sales (Business) region.
Why should you apply?
- In the UK they are in the "100 Best Companies to Work For".
- They are constantly growing their business and always looking for new ways to move forward - they explore, learn and look for new ways of doing things.
- They offer great career opportunities plus an excellent benefits package.
Basic salary: Competitive
Area working: South of England, East England, London, South East Coast, South West, South Central and Wales
Products: Continence care
As the Regional Business Leader of this team, you will be responsible for the South of the UK. This is an exciting time to join, as the business goes through a period of growth that will drive market expansion and improve access to care for patients. The position sits within the Continence Care division and reports into the Sales Director. In this role you will be empowered to make the right decisions for your customers and to invest resources as required to be successful. This position offers a high degree of autonomy together with the opportunity to be at the forefront on commercial decisions regarding the success of your region.
You will be accountable for:
- Leading the Southern sales team which includes coaching, developing and managing the team, setting high ambitions, challenging, motivating and inspiring the team.
- Own the Regional Business Plan and reporting, defining commercial priorities, setting targets, forecasting, planning and allocating resources.
- Engaging with customers and other stakeholders to drive sales and strong relationships with KOLs.
- Leading monthly business reviews, ensuring great engagement of stakeholders that impact the team (e.g. Nursing, Payers and Trade).
- Ensuring excellent territory planning and execution from the team.
- Conducting regular field visits driving performance and team competence development.
- Leading regional team meetings and contributing to the delivery of National Sales meetings.
- Driving a culture of ownership and accountability - role modelling values, ensuring strong sales execution and celebrating successes.
- Being an active member of the Continence Care Leadership team, contributing to National strategy, sharing best practice and supporting the wider leadership team.
- Keeping updated on market knowledge and NHS Strategy.
You will be a commercially astute sales manager with a proven track record in delivering results. You will possess a strong and decisive leadership style with the ability to coach and develop your team. In addition, you will be a strategic thinker with capacity for creative problem solving. The successful candidate will be an experienced sales manager from the healthcare industry - ideally with experience of leading a nurse team in a commercial setting. You will be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the NHS landscape and how it affects local delivery of healthcare. You will also be an effective coach who is able to inspire and drive performance in others.
In addition, you will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Acumen - understand the complexity of our business environment, understand the commercial measures of our business, use data and insights to make the right decisions, work in alignment with the strategic direction of our business, prioritise resources to get the biggest impact.
- Commercial Execution - bring strategy to life through solid execution, ensure team and stakeholder alignment in plans, demonstrate a strong drive to reach objectives, and respond to change.
- People Development - Encourage and coach the team to deliver sustainable high performance with the ability to adapt style required, encourage the team to take ownership for their own development and actively seeks and offers feedback to others.
- Communication Skills - Communicate clearly and in an engaging way with both internal and external stakeholders, comes across as self-assured, translates strategy into tangible communications and has an ability to listen and responds appropriately.
- Product and Clinical Knowledge - Understands the commercial and clinical environment of our business, assess the environment and identify opportunities, brings market intelligence forward to support new opportunities.
- Interpersonal Skills - Cultivates and open and honest environment, demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence, builds relationships based on trust ensuring a great balance between challenge and support.