The Company: This organisation represents world-class and leading manufacturers, supplying the highest quality and most innovative medical devices throughout the UK. All of their products have been chosen to offer the best overall value to the NHS, measured by patient outcomes and overall cost effectiveness. Many of the products they represent have become market leaders in the UK.
The Position: The primary purpose of this position is to serve patients while increasing the sales and profitability of the Surgical Business Unit and Infection control innovations in the assigned territory. This should be achieved by implementing local sales and marketing strategies which have been agreed with the Regional Manager and are in support of the goals and general strategies of the SBU. The Sales Representative must develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of the products and their associated clinical areas of use.
Why should I apply?
- Join a company which has the UK distribution rights for innovative products.
- This company are growing rapidly this is your chance to become part of a winning team.
- Recent acquisitions show how serious they are about expanding into related therapy areas.
Basic salary: c£40,000
Area working: South East – South East London, North and West London, Buckinghamshire Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Sussex, East Surrey, Norfolk, Kent, Mid and South Essex, Hertfordshire, Suffolk, Cambridge, Peterborough, Northampton
Products: Hernia graft, wound healing/tissue regeneration, air disinfection units, negative pressure device, surgical disinfectant
- You must have proven sales results in a high value product range and the ability to create and identify opportunities, handle objections and manage existing accounts.
- You will have the ability to discuss and demonstrate implanting “device” into patient and discuss infection control.
- You should be able to disseminate clinical papers at all levels to a clinical team.
- You will have the ability to converse with customer s both clinical and procurement about the product features.
- For this role you must have the ability to meet frequently with customers and other decision makers throughout the assigned territory.
- Previous surgical or infection control sales experience is preferred.
- You will have good communication and inter-personal skills and proven organisational and problem-solving skills.
- To be successful in this role you will need strong analytical skills with the ability to influence NHS staff at the highest levels.
- You should have a flexible "can do" attitude needed to thrive in a fast-growing company, along with the drive to ensure success.
- The ideal candidate will be full of innovation, tenacity and motivation and have a persuasive personality.
- Having product or procedural knowledge will be an advantage.
- You will demonstrate an excellent knowledge of the product range in the Surgical and Infection control disciplines.
- Provide technical training and support to medical personnel on the use of medical devices.
- Seek and evaluate new product ideas, providing adequate information and facilitate ongoing communication. Assist in product evaluations and/or clinical studies as appropriate.
- Meet or exceed the sales targets by working independently in assigned territory to present and sell products and services to physicians, hospitals, outpatient facilities, health care facilities, purchasing organizations, purchasing groups, mulit-hospital systems, health care provider alliances, and other key decision makers.
- Develop and maintain an annual business plan which includes but is not limited to the following:
- anticipated sales increases
- risk management
- sales opportunities
- anticipated competitive activity
- contingency plans
- Follow-through on customer requests and commitments.
- Monitor market share and competitor activity in the assigned territory.
- Participate in local and international exhibitions and meetings as requested.
- Identify, establish and develop relationships with key clinical and non-clinical decision-makers.
- Work closely and effectively with the other members of the sales team in order to provide the best possible service to the customer and the patient.
- Work closely and effectively with members of wider team to develop contractual opportunities with customers and maximize the service provided to the customer and patient.
- Car or allowance
- Healthcare after 6 months