The Company: Work for a specialist supplier of unlicensed medicines to the hospital and retail pharmacy sectors. Their core strategy is to supply a broad range of unlicensed medicines and to support the demand for UK shortages.
The Position: The purpose of the role is to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies with key customers; in particular Hospital Trusts, Regions and other suppliers in secondary care. The work will involve visiting hospital pharmacists, procurement specialists, both at a trust and regional level. The role will have a lot of autonomy and will be driven by customer need. The objective is to meet company targets for retention, growth and profitability in accordance with agreed business plans.
Why should you apply?
- This is an opportunity to work with a small, close knit team.
- Specialists in sourcing UK Shortage lines – when UK products are discontinued or in short supply, so that patients' treatment is not disrupted.
- Work with quality products and a global network of suppliers.
Basic salary: £40,000
Bonus: 10% if company hit target plus individual bonus (to be discussed)
Area Working: London region (flexible)
Products: Unlicensed medicines
- Detailed knowledge of the UK commercial pharmaceutical sector.
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in hospitals.
- Must have previous experience of contract negotiation in hospital pharmacy and have a sound understanding of the procurement process.
- Ideally, previous experience in the field of unlicensed medicines.
- An extensive network of contacts within hospital pharmacy.
- Proven track record of successful deal completion at this level.
- Commercially astute and able to think on feet.
- Comfortable working in a small, fast moving, commercial environment.
- A self starter who does not need to be closely managed but understands what people need to know and when.
- To expand the current customer base through engagement with senior purchasing personnel in key hospital accounts within the territory.
- To actively promote the service offering to these key customers.
- To negotiate supply contracts on specified products within target pricing and margin guidelines.
- To identify commercial opportunities to further expand the portfolio.
- Maintain and report on market intelligence including competitor activity and identification of trends in the market place.
Benefits: car allowance, pension