The company: This is an international family owned company with ambitious growth plans in the pharmaceutical and medical device technological domain. The company has a range of products for wound and skin care, several new products in the pipeline and research cooperation agreements in Europe and the USA.
They help people live the life they love through developing innovative technologies and bringing these to patients across the globe. They focus on helping patients with topical inflammatory and infectious diseases.
The position: There is an exciting opportunity for a Director Medical Affairs, to be based in the Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg or UK office, reporting to the International Director Marketing.
Why should you apply?
- You will enjoy working in a multicultural diverse environment where trust and open communication are key, and where a positive can do attitude drives sustainable growth.
- They offer a flexible working eco-system, enthusiastic colleagues, and an attractive remuneration package.
Basic salary: Up to £110,000
Area working: Based from UK, Belgium, Germany or Luxembourg office
Products: Wound Care - Advanced Skin Healing
- M.D, Ph.D. or significant Medical Affairs experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of prior industry Medical Affairs experience
- Experience in wound care or/and dermatology are an asset.
- Excellent planning, organisational and interpersonal skills as well as outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Including the ability to speak publicly.
- Demonstrated experience in developing networks at academia level to support educational initiatives around commercial products.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability
- High energy and self-directed with the ability to rapidly integrate with the culture.
- Language - English: fluent
As a Director Medical Affairs, you will be responsible for leading medical affairs communications, publications, patient advocacy and education initiatives. You are expected to travel domestically and internationally to attend congresses and external meetings with academic and industry collaborators. You will also work in x-functional team and participate in the international management team.
- Develops and implements an integrated medical affairs plan and budget that supports development, marketing and sales strategies and projects for the portfolio.
- Builds and maintains a network of academic key opinion leaders for the indications of the company's actual and future product portfolio.
- Development of disease specific medical and patient education plans, whether old school, digital, web-based or mobile, through the critical evaluation of relevant medical information obtained from multiple sources and platforms.
- Maintains professional relationships with key targeted organizations and individuals.
- Drive cross functional medical scientific communication efforts in alignment with business development and sales and marketing to ensure prioritized submission and publication of material to address educational needs internally and externally across all affiliates.
- Ensures that all medical communication activities are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Collaborate with R&D as well as with marketing and sales to translate data evidence into medical communication objectives, key messages and activities.
- Provides strategic input on key planning teams such as: conventions, sales meetings, sales training and medical education programs.
- Represent company at various medical congresses.
- Provide expertise in support of developing content (slides, websites, app) for medical communications and education.
- Mobile, LA, Lap Top