The company: This is your chance to join a company in ophthalmology, with a clear perspective: to bring global innovation to European eye health. It is an ambitious and fast growing pan-European player, commercializing a wide portfolio of ophthalmic products and devices. It manages a unique network in the ophthalmology world which enables doctors, hospitals and clinics to provide patients with the best eye care. They provide a range of innovative eye health products with a special focus on dry eye, retinal diseases and Meibomian gland dysfunction.
The position: They are looking for a passionate and talented individual who will embrace the experience and challenge to become a recognised and successful player in the ophthalmic market. Your role will be to establish the products as treatments of choice in appropriate patients. You will successfully launch new brands into the ophthalmology market place as they become available.
Why should you apply?
- As an employee of this organisation, you are immediately part of a dynamic and ambitious team operating in a growing healthcare segment.
- The role offers a chance to work flexibly with great customers.
- The company offer a multicultural and exciting working environment with potential for career development along with company growth.
Basic salary: c£42,000 dependent on experience
Bonus: Up to £20k per annum
Area working: North East, Cumbria, Scotland
Products: Eye mask used to apply gentle heat to eyelids with unique temperature test strip, vitro diagnostic medical device - point of care and ocular lubricants
- You will be a successful medical device sales person looking to make the move into a specialist hospital ophthalmology sales environment.
- You will ideally have established secondary care networks with hospital contacts and ophthalmology experience is highly beneficial.
- You should be a self-starter with an autonomous can do attitude, and have the gravitas to hold conversations with Key Opinion Leaders.
- You will be incredibly hungry for success and to want to prove yourself within the Ophthalmic market.
- You must be full of spark and determination to work with this company and what's most important is your attitude, independence and the ability to use your own initiative.
- Having the ABPI is beneficial but not essential as the products are classed as devices. You should be highly motivated and keen to build and run a successful and top ranking territory.
- You will be selling a portfolio of ophthalmology products primarily into hospital eye departments to Ophthalmologists and Consultant Clinicians, but also working collaboratively with colleagues to drive CCG policy approvals across local health economies and gain positive formulary decisions and Trust and CCG level.
- The role involves identifying and targeting secondary care KOLs for the range as well as targeting the key ophthalmology trusts/ accounts on your territory.
- It will be your job to call upon associated healthcare professionals who have a role in treating relevant diseases, as well as maximising impact on key payor contacts within CCGs and instigating medicine change opportunities.
- You will communicate complex and intricate scientific concepts and present the data in a credible and understandable style and deliver presentations to departments on products and relevant medical education.
- These products are technically classed as devices, but are very much pharmaceutical in terms of how they are sold in to the NHS.