The Company: This is an extremely successful division for a global healthcare provider. They are devoted to shaping the future of surgery by advancing innovation, addressing the most pressing healthcare issues and improving lives every day.
The Position: My client is hiring Business Development Managers for their recently acquired new business of Gastro Oesophagus Reflux Disease (GORD).
The product is successfully launched and sold in UK, Germany and in the US. These roles enable them to bring the new business of Reflux Disease to the next and broader level of utilisation. The aim is to make a remarkable revolutionary technology available to patients presenting to upper GI surgeons in the UK.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for the implementation and development of product and speciality specific sales plans, which support the achievement of our ambitious business plan.
Why should you apply?
- This is a start-up environment in a highly innovative technology.
- You will be responsible for developing the strategy to build the KOL network.
- You won't be in surgery every day.
- You will build networks around gastro surgery, working on strategies to get patients referred to the procedure and increase awareness about it.
- You will be building your network from scratch.
Who Should Apply?
- High performers with leadership skills and potential to develop.
- People with an entrepreneurial attitude, self-starters who are goal oriented.
- People with good communication and presentation skills with the ability to positively influence mindsets and gain commitment.
- People with the ability to rapidly gain trust building up internal and external relationships and can demonstrate both strategic and analytical capabilities.
- People with a problem-solving mindset with project management skills.
Basic salary: Negotiable
Bonus: £50,000 (TBC)
Area Working: North UK - down to Birmingham
Product / Service: Gastro - minimally invasive treatment for gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for the implementation and development of product & speciality specific sales plans, which support the achievement of our ambitious business plan.
- You will be responsible for the development and implementation of a new product category by providing clinical and commercial support.
- You will shape and drive speciality specific sales & marketing strategies, which support the achievement of our ambitious business plan.
- You will join a dynamic regional team motivated by their ambition to further expand access to a revolutionary newly acquired product to treat GORD and work closely with other colleagues to enable and drive activities jointly to successfully develop & grow this business opportunity.
- The BDM not only builds customer relationships but also drives the right mix of activities needed to support the business strategy on a territory level.
Key activities of this role include:
- Map relevant external stakeholders and decision makers, create & maintain relationships, including HCP and KOL management.
- Identify and qualify potential centres.
- Provide clinical support and training plan for new centres.
- Identify unmet needs of the UK market, their stakeholders and support creating incremental value for the company.
- Monitor and analyze the market, understand barriers & address drivers, assess competitive environment & report trends.
- Prepare and implement annual, quarterly and monthly sales plans; assess & implement both traditional and digital tools to support the marketplace, run professional education events where required.
- Support congress management and participation at booths.
- Establish well-working stakeholder networks to support e.g. referrals.
- Gain alignment with the marketing team on strategies and marketing collaterals for assigned portfolio.
- Ensure correct supply chain management.
- Function as territory representative in the commercial UK team.
- Extensive medical device sales experience in the Theatre environment is essential, preferably within gastroenterology.
- Broader commercial experience outside of a theatre sales role is also essential (e.g. commercial strategy role, or marketing).
- Extensive experience understanding broader market dynamics essential including value drivers and reimbursement system.