Find YOUR better job
Minimum Salary
£0k
 
 

Key Account Manager Long Term Care

Job Description

The company: This organisation supplies medical textiles to the UK healthcare community. Established in the 1970s their business has grown substantially and they now have offices throughout the globe. Their business success is based on providing excellent levels of customer service together with high quality products that are fairly priced for their customers. Their customers include large and small laundries, distributors, hospitals and long term care facilities.

The position: With strong business growth forecast in the long term care sector they are now looking for an experienced medical account manager to join their business as a Key Account Manager to continue to develop this business in England & Wales. 

Why should you apply? 

  • You will be joining an organisation which really does believe in looking after their employees. Consequently you'll be joining a happy and stable team. 
  • You will enjoy an excellent package with a lucrative monthly commission scheme  as well as a year end company bonus. 
  • You will be selling high quality medical textiles which are niche and highly differentiated. 
     

Basic Salary:  to £40,000

Bonus: monthly commission paid on all sales and year end company bonus

Area working: England & Wales 

Products: Niche and specialised medical textiles

The role:

  • The focus on this new role for the organisation will be to continue to grow and develop the long term care (care home) side of their business.
  • Their products are sold via distribution companies so you will be managing these distributor accounts, driving sales of medical textiles through these companies as well as building relationships with new distributors.
  • About 80% of your time will be centred around account management activities and the remaining 20% spent on new business.
  • With accounts evenly spread out through England and Wales the expectation is that you will spend 3 days out in the field seeing customers face to face and the remaining two days working from home dealing with customers on the phone, making plans etc. 

Your experience:

  • You will be an experienced account manager who has worked within the medical/healthcare sector and will ideally have 5 years plus sales experience.
  • Previous knowledge of the care home sector or experience of dealing with distributor companies would be advantageous but is not critical.
  • You will be career minded with a strong work ethic and your excellent relationship building skills will enable you to forge strong business relationships with your customers.
  • You will have an understanding of strategic selling concepts and be a persuasive negotiator who can influence decisions and close the sale.
  • You will be someone who has their own ideas but can still listen to the ideas of others and someone who is not afraid to challenge the status quo.