Company: This is your opportunity to join a medical technology company devoted to improving the global standard of cancer care. Their products are already in use by many of the world’s leading physicians and cancer centres. Their goal is to help women with breast cancer avoid surgery when it isn’t needed, and experience better outcomes when it is. They have helped tens of thousands of women around the world access more precise and less invasive breast cancer care.
Position: The Market Development Specialist will require a high level of product knowledge, clinical understanding, and frontline experience in multiple markets. You will assist the Market Development Director in developing solutions that unlock the challenges faced by individual field sales organisations in the adoption of company products. You will work closely with the Marketing and Commercial Teams, Global Distributors and their respective Sales and marketing Teams and Clinical KOL’s. When not travelling, working from home, with occasional attendance at the office in Cambridge.
Why should you apply?
- This role is a brand-new position that provides an exciting opportunity for someone to join a high growth business, offering you excellent growth and development opportunities.
- Starting as a UK wide role and progressing to EMEA and Global responsibilities as growth requires, the role will involve a significant amount of domestic and international travel and periodic attendance at company HQ in Cambridge, UK.
- The products have been on the market for a number of years. Over 550 hospitals in more than 40 countries have already given 130,000 women access to more precise and less invasive breast cancer treatment thanks to their technologies.
Basic Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
Area Working: National role with a couple of visits to office a month (Cambridge)
Product / Service: Less invasive Breast cancer care products to prevent unnecessary surgery, improve surgery when necessary making it less invasive and enable greater access for any hospital. Localisation system, markers and lymphatic tracer.
You will have at least 5 years experience in a medical device commercial sales role with a proven track record of success and contacts within the industry. You may have come from a business development background and have a strategic view of the market. Ideally you will know how to take a product to market and any national experience would be beneficial.
Abilities and Skills
- High degree of autonomy: ability to take ownership of tasks and get things done
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Business and financial acumen
- Experience within oncology/breast oncology preferred
- Experience of business travel preferred
- Experience organising educational events, clinical sessions, clinical trials, or post-marketing studies.
- Experience managing KOL relationships and growing networks of clinical proponents
The following list describes the performance behaviours necessary to meet the minimum requirements:
- Attitude & Enthusiasm: Must have a positive “can do” attitude.
- Communication: Be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Initiative: Self-motivated to explore new areas or ways of overcoming existing problems.
- Dependability/Perseverance: Always willing to go the extra mile to complete projects on schedule.
- Adaptability: Can accept change and is flexible toward change. Have the ability to redirect work and priorities to be in alignment with the strategic corporate goals. Counted on to achieve objectives and be flexible to take on other tasks when required.
- Judgement: Be able to make sound judgement and escalate when in doubt.
- Planning/Scheduling: Handle multiple projects and priorities in order to meet required deadlines. Ability to plan ahead and foresee company needs.
- Professionalism: Adhere to a high level of professionalism by demonstrating ethical behaviour.
- Teamwork: Work with others in contributing to the overall success of the company.
Due to strong sales and even stronger growth expected, my client is seeking a Market Development Specialist to collaborate with their regional distribution partners. Reporting to the Market Development Director, you will be responsible for leading, collaborating on, or supporting, a range of cross-functional projects that will define and shape their growth vision.
This role is a brand-new position that provides an exciting opportunity for you to join a high growth business, offering you excellent growth and development opportunities. Starting as a UK wide role and progressing to EMEA and Global responsibilities as growth requires, the position will involve a significant amount of domestic and international travel and periodic attendance at company HQ in Cambridge, UK.
- Assist in producing a Market/ Business Development Plan that outlines the strategy for growth in current markets, and identifies new markets to access, both for new and current product offerings
- This is a senior role which involves identifying and taking new products to new markets and developing these markets.
- Champion the brand and support its development through strategic Marketing activities.
- Provide support in maintaining and updating the company Training Platform, and participate in implementing training with field sales teams as required.
- Maintain an ‘expert’ level of clinical and market knowledge and utilise this effectively in collaborating within the organisation and wider global network.
- Support Global Sales channels to succeed in overcoming challenges to product adoption and therefore deliver growth targets.