The Company: With its products and solutions primarily for microsurgery, my client helps drive progress in medicine and assists doctors all over the world in enhancing their patients' quality of life.
The role: The Business Development Application Specialist will work as part of the Microsurgery team within the UK to develop the ‘Go to market’ plan for innovative intraoperative pathology diagnostic and intraoperative radiotherapy treatment technologies for tumour workflow predominately within Neurosurgery, UK.
Why Should You Apply? This National role requires a team player with a successful background in commercial sales within the NHS, a knowledge of oncology surgical treatment pathology and an ability to integrate and implement a global strategy to local UK market needs to develop and support reference sites within an innovative product portfolio.
Area Working: UK (not based extremities)
Basic salary: Negotiable
Products: Microsurgery Capital Equipment and Imaging Systems (Visualisation/Microscopes/Light Microscopes/Laser Scanning Microscopes) for Oncology, Neuro, Spinal Surgery and Radiotherapy)
- A full understanding of the NHS Cancer Treatment Workflow is essential (surgery, theology, radiotherapy etc.) and a successful sales or commercial background firmly established within the NHS (experience within Oncology, Neurosurgery and/or Neuropathology would be an advantage).
- Project-management or business development skills are essential.
- Ideally you will also have University degree in Health Science, Biomedical Science, Pathology or Life Sciences, or equivalent.
- You will be required to develop relationships with key clinical stakeholders (specifically KOLs, Surgeons, Pathologists, Radio-oncology, Business Managers) within the NHS and Private Sector.
- Work as part of the UK and Global team to ensure market penetration and adoption of new technologies and ensure initial sales budget success and customer satisfaction
- Be accountable and successful within Tumour Workflow Portfolio and make positive contribution
- Develop a strong local knowledge of clinical diagnosis and treatment modalities within Oncology, initial focus on Neurosurgery, Neuropathology and Radiotherapy to identify strategic plan for successful market adoption.
- Collaborate with National Business Manager, Global Marketing/Product Management and Sales team to successfully integrate global business strategy to local UK market needs.
- Identify, develop and encourage local KOLs and Reference Centre Agreements in UK, ensuring customer expectations are met and positively promote Brand and product awareness.
- Deliver support internally and externally to successfully implement ‘Go to Market’ approach for Tumour Workflow and identify and facilitate sales within the early-adopter UK sites.
- Be responsible and provide clinical application expertise aligned with the Strategic Business Plan for Tumour Workflow.
- Identify, network and influence key decision-makers within the NHS (private) and understand funding mechanisms and business case approval process within the A-Account Trusts to successfully ‘Go to Market’.
- Undertake other duties that may be required from time to time, with the National and Global Business Development team, to ensure successful adoption of Tumour Workflow innovative technologies.