The Company: My client is committed to improving lives through medical technologies and solutions. They continually seek to accelerate and advance their ability to create meaningful innovations for hospitals, health systems, and healthcare providers so they can deliver the best care possible to patients and their families around the world.
The Position: Travelling extensively throughout Europe the role involves being responsible for the planned maintenance, installation and trouble shooting/repairing the high end capital equipment for this division.
Who Should Apply?
- Qualified Field Service Engineers with experience of the medical equipment market place.
- People who are comfortable with extensive international travel.
- Career focused individuals who want future career progression opportunities.
Area Working: Extensive European Travel (70%+)
Products: Image guided surgery systems and Intra-operative X-ray
The successful candidate will have an electrical or mechatronic engineering background (or equivalent). You should have strong customer service and interpersonal skills as well as fluent English and ideally one or more European languages. Any experience with technical service of CT/ MRI equipment would be an advantage
Second and third level support operations and escalations in line with the support process. This may include:
- Providing remote-and on-site support for new installations.
- Assisting in technical support for users of intra-operative imaging systems (X-ray, MRI). This will include phone and on-site support for both users and technical staff.
- Handling individual escalations by providing expertise or coordinating and driving internal and external resources involved.
- Providing appropriate communications with internal and external customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
- Working closely together with the global Tier 3 level support and Engineering groups for analyzing cases and gathering related information.
- Assuring the overall quality of the technical support and services delivery by:
- Performing in-house and on-site training for both new hires as well as existing field personnel and customers (i.e. customers = Surgeons, Operating Room personnel and biomedical staff).
- Consolidating and providing correct and up-to date information via the appropriate communication channels.
- Auditing installed base- and service delivery quality for Imaging products and initiating improvement actions.
- Supporting future product integrations by organizing or performing upgrades and or configuration updates to the Imaging equipment installed base.
- Working extensively with Global Service to transfer development knowledge into sustainable support flow and to feedback serviceability and usability requirements.
- Supporting trade shows and travelling to potential customer sites to provide sales and clinical support of imaging product for evaluation/demo trial periods.
- Identifying new needs and opportunities to enhance our services portfolio.
- Support presales process providing all the technical information to the customers and stakeholders.
- Prepare the documentation, directly or through other roles or contractors, to illustrate how to install the system and how better use it.
- Pre-installation visit coordinating all the stakeholders to timely achieve the projects goals
- Contribute the service revenue through customer satisfaction and contribute the business revenue installing timely the requested unit.