The Company: This is a superb opportunity to work with driven and passionate people who value innovative solutions in diabetes care. This company have sold over six million devices, two billion sensors, and developed the first FDA-cleared blood glucose meter/ app for iPhone. They offer a range of services to both users of its blood glucose monitoring products and the healthcare professionals that help to manage their diabetes.
The Position: A position has opened up for a Diabetes Care Representative to work across Northern Ireland. You will be responsible for management of the territory calling on predominantly Secondary Care and Primary Care sites, and other diabetes related institutions. The objective will be to grow sales, gain new distribution, support customers in the field and create awareness for the products.
Why should you apply?
- The company have recently introduced a brand new training platform which give you access to online training.
- Diabetes affects over 3.2 million people in the UK, and accounts for 10% of the total NHS budget.
- You will be helping healthcare professionals to assist people with diabetes to engage and take control of their condition. By using the tools designed and developed by this organisation, you’ll play your part in helping family, neighbours, and friends to live longer, healthier lives.
- Work with cutting-edge technology and be part of a vision for shaping the diabetes market through continuous innovations in biosensor technology and blood glucose monitoring.
Basic salary: £28k - £32k for graduate/general sales experience, £32k - £38k for medical sales
Bonus: £12k paid quarterly with over target potential
Area Working: Northern Ireland
Products: Blood Glucose Meters, Mobile Applications, Diabetes Test Strips
- Ideally, you will have some experience in Diabetes care, however your attitude is more important and you may come from either from a devices or pharmaceutical sales background. A smart, entrepreneurial Graduate will also be considered.
- You should be full of energy, with the right motivation and aptitude to get out there, work hard and prove yourself.
- You should be a self-starter who does not need micro-management and wants more out of a role.
- You must be forward thinking and motivated to make a difference in the marketplace and contribute positively to the company objectives.
- You should be confident presenting to health care professionals including Clinicians, DSNs, NHS managers, CCG/LHB leads etc and be adaptable to changes in the market.
- You will be responsible for the management of your territory calling on predominantly Secondary Care and Primary Care sites, and other diabetes-related institutions and personnel.
- The objective will be to grow sales, gain new distribution, support customers in the field and create awareness for the products.
- You will be focusing on building relationships, and gaining new distribution on existing and new products, while executing marketing and promotional strategies to increase market share.
- You must have a knowledge of the processes and intricacies of the NHS reimbursement scheme and how that affects product use and recommendation of products.
- You will be developing a working knowledge of the inter-relationship of Nurse Practitioners (NPs), Practice Nurses (PNs), Diabetes Specialist Nurses (DSNs), Clinicians and Pharmacists and work to gain recommendations along every link of the chain.