The opportunity: My client is is a growing biopharmaceutical company with a passion for innovation, where your professional development is integral to our vision. They need someone with aptitude for scientific and medical communication who can become our technical product expert. You will be an excellent communicator with advanced presentation skills and the ability to persuade and influence using scientific argument and clinical evidence. You will use your excellent disease area knowledge and ability to critically appraise scientific data to inform company research, enliven medical education events, stimulate marketing activities and support the field based customer representatives.
Basic salary: Negotiable
Area working: Based in Birmingham with nationwide and occasional international travel
Products: Clinical immunology/haematology
You should have minimum 2:1 life science degree and ideally be qualified to MD/Physician, PharmD, pharmacist or PhD level. As well as:
1. Proven ability to develop and foster peer-to-peer, credible relationships with medical experts/decision makers.
2. Working knowledge of the NHS
3. Thorough knowledge of clinical medicine, disease management, and medical research in at least one therapeutic area. Therapeutic knowledge in the areas of immunology, neurology or haematology is desirable.
4. Ability to understand and convey scientific information in a credible and engaging manner.
5. Proven ability to use IT tools and interface effectively with a variety of technical platforms.
6. Strong personal integrity, and customer focus.
7. Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation and advanced presentation skills.
8. Able to effectively work independently and contribute to multifunctional teams.
9. Must be able to adapt, organise, prioritise, and work effectively in a constantly changing field-based environment.
10. Good knowledge of the ABPI code and high regard for ethical business practices
11. Knowledge of pharmacovigilance and the regulatory life-cycle of medicines is desirable
12. Knowledge of clinical development and GCP would be desirable
Scientific support to customer representatives:
Engaging Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs):