Summary: Join the market leader in bone cement and open your career to a world of new opportunities and outstanding prospects.Largest independent German company in the world.They have a great company ethos and look after their staff.Financially secure. Be part of a great team who enjoy spending time together.
The position: This is an excellent role for an existing theatre rep who is looking to move into Orthopaedics sales. You should be driven, dynamic and comfortable selling at consultant level.
Who should apply:
- Candidates with a degree and commercial sales/clinical experience (ideally medical related).
- Prior theatre/Orthopaedic experience prefered.
- Clinical specialists or ODP/Theatre nurses looking t move into medical sales.
Basic salary: to £45,000
Commission £16k on target plus 10% sales over target up to max of £16k
Products: Orthopaedic bone cement
Territory: West London (NW/W/SW)
For this role, attitude & drive is more important than experience. However, you should have a degree or nursing experience and some commercial experience.. Any experience or knowledge of Theatre or orthopaedic sales would be a distinct advantage but this is by no means essential. Alternatively a candidate with existing clinical support from Ortho or Med device company, or an ODP/Band 6 Nurse looking to move into sales will also be considered.
- You will be selling to orthopaedic surgeons and their teams in the theatre environment. Long term relationships have to be built up and maintained.
- The territory encompasses around 35 accounts
- These accounts are Hospitals performing Orthopaedics within the NHS and Private sector.
- Field based role with team meetings held approximately 3 times p.a. in the UK and additional meetings may be held in Europe as required.
- Formal product and procedures training is provided, ideally within 6 months of the data of start.
- Training is provided locally and at HQ in Germany.
- Further training will occur as and when the need arises.
- To achieve monthly, quarterly and ultimately end of year individual targets in line with Company Business Plan ensuring CRM records are regularly updated and maintained.
- Work closely with the Sales Manager in setting and agreeing objectives to ensure above is met
- Establish excellent working relationships with customers to include, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons, Orthopaedic SpR’S, Theatre Managers/Nurses, Pharmacists, Business managers and procurement managers.
- Keep accurate account plans for all accounts electronic and Hard copies, no matter how small.
- Monitor monthly sales and measure results to ensure up-to-date knowledge of accounts to allow for SMART planning and working.
- Maintain expert knowledge of products and procedures.
- Spend time in Theatre with Surgeons and Nurses trialling products and advising on usage of said products
- Manage and monitor consignment in line with company policy, keeping accurate records at all times.
- Facilitate customer education.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure ultimate goals are consistently met.
- Establish good internal working relationships with all staff.
- Submit accurate and informative pre-formatted weekly and monthly reports to Country Manager.