The company: This is an opportunity to join a leading supplier of medical and surgical instrument sterilization, disinfection, cleaning products and services. The company has offices in 9 countries around the world and is represented in over 80 countries thanks to a strong network of distributors. They have been established for over 50 years, continually evolving their technology-driven portfolio of high quality products and services.
They believe that great teams are the key to their success and you will work in an international environment with talented people, all of whom have dedicated themselves to making a difference in the safety and health of patients and medical staff.
The position: In the UK my client has a small and connected team of Service technicians, who value openness and collaboration. They are the main point of contact to customers and are committed to providing them with excellent service during the entire product lifetime. They are now looking for an Engineer based in Essex or Cambridgeshire to join their team.
Why should you apply?
- They offer you varied work in a hands-on, international environment with a strong, value-based company culture and a fair, performance-related compensation.
- You will be trained as a specialist in the field of medical technology and you will receive intensive product training in their Academy as well as training from experienced colleagues.
- You will work with high-tech equipment in a future-oriented environment within a secure industry that is independent of the economic fluctuations.
Basic salary: £28,000 - £34,000
Area working: Based in Cambridgeshire or Essex
Products: Infection control - Washer Disinfectors, Sterilizers, Ultrasonic washers, cart washers
Benefits: Company car
- City & Guilds Inspection and Testing or and equivalent electrical training (preferably with 18th edition), as well as good mechanical experience.
- Experience in the Healthcare and the Life Science sectors is an asset.
- Valid Certifications in Testing of Sterilizers and Washer Disinfectors (WTM1, STM2, STM3) are an asset.
- Understanding of the technical drawings and design of the products, as well as industry regulations.
- Customer focus, as well as excellent problem solving and communications skills.
- Flexibility (possible non-standards hours and overnight stays) as well as willingness to travel to customer sites.
In this key position your focus will be on providing excellent service to customers in the healthcare industry. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Performing scheduled preventive services of machines as well as validation tests according to the Industry Standards.
- Perform the Installation Qualification (IQ), Operation Qualification (OQ) and Performance Qualification procedures to check everything is installed and working correctly.
- Train the operators to use the machines correctly and train the hospital engineers to maintain the machines to a basic level.
- Fix issues that arise on site or via the service administration team and order spare parts as necessary.
- Submit relevant service reports on time.
- Manage the customer relationships and act as a company representative at the customer site.