Location: Kingston and surrounding area
Product: Stoma/Colorectal Service for Colorectal Cancer patients and delivery service
Who you’ll be working for:
- Our client’s strength is in creating and developing innovative products which deliver a meaningful change to people’s lives.
- Their mission is to provide a service which is impactful and creates a real difference to customers daily.
- Here you’ll find work is emotionally rewarding; everybody is part of making a difference to their customers’ lives in a big way.
- They are also committed to your development and are proud to hold the prestigious Gold Investors in People accreditation.
What you’ll enjoy:
As well as a challenging and rewarding role, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including contributory pension scheme, private healthcare, competency-based learning and development in stoma colorectal nursing, continuous professional development enhancing competencies and knowledge, flexible working practices and no unsocial hours (Monday to Friday).
What you’ll be doing:
- Working at the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, you will deliver high quality, evidence based care to all patients who have or may require the formation of a stoma within the hospital setting. You will also provide expert advice and education for all staff within the hospital. You are responsible for reviewing, auditing and improving the quality of care delivered.
- As a Specialist Nurse, you will deliver high quality, evidence-based care to all patients who require surgery, and who have or may require the formation of a stoma – both within the hospital and the community setting. You will also provide expert advice and education for all staff within the hospital and community. You are responsible for reviewing, auditing and improving the quality of care delivered.
- Essentially you will maintain excellent clinical and professional standards of work, be self motivated to and able to work to set objectives, be able to manage your time and resources efficiently, possess good communication and interpersonal skills, have a determination to succeed and possess a good knowledge of primary care patient management systems.
- This role requires flexibility in working and the postholder would be required to attend regional and company meetings which may necessitate occasional overnight stays.
Here’s what you need:
- Proven post registration experience
- NMC Registered
- Stoma or Colorectal background.
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in order to meet patient and service needs
- Ability to plan, implement and manage own time effectively
- Dynamic and forward thinking
- Determination to progress professionally in Stoma/Colorectal nursing
- Confidence to present a positive image of self and the Company
- Able to influence others
- Flexible to meet patient and service needs
- IT skills, including Excel
Bonus points if you have:
- The ability to develop multi-disciplinary working practices.
- Can demonstrate evidence of autonomous working practices.
- The ability to interrogate data and formulate advice, plans of action and reports.
Basic Salary: £36,000 - £40,000
Car policy: company car
- 25 days per annum rising to 27 days after 5 years’ service
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Private Health Care
- Life Assurance
- Professional membership fees paid: RCN and NMC
- Lunch allowance
- No unsocial hours
- Introductory Bonus Scheme
- Free yearly flu vaccination
- Discounts on selected products and services
- Employee Assistance Programme - Health and Wellbeing