The company: This company has been successfully marketing web-based scientific wireless temperature monitoring systems for over 20 years. Through continuing investment in IT server systems and application software development, they are able to offer truly state of the art wireless temperature monitoring systems; products and services have been tailor-made specifically for scientific monitoring. Being web-based and therefore future-proof, their products and services are extremely cost effective, meeting and exceeding the most demanding requirements of fully validated and compliant temperature monitoring and recording systems for all scientific applications. They specialise in the production and management of ‘paperless’ electronic temperature records that are securely stored for up to 30 years.
Their Temperature Monitoring Systems are used in a wide range of wireless temperature monitoring and scientific monitoring applications and, by using cloud-based technology, electronic records are securely accessible 24/7 anywhere in the world on any device able to support a web-browser.
- A great opportunity has been created as a result of the success this company is experiencing in the Life Sciences and Healthcare markets. They are looking for an experienced account manager who will be accountable for all sales activities, from lead generation through to close.
- This role develops and implements an agreed upon performance plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer sales in the assigned market.
- You will work closely within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals. You will have access to sell the entire product line they offer to customers.
Why should you apply?
- Work with products which are the most complete, robust, flexible and future-proof solution for remote temperature monitoring in medical and scientific facilities yet developed.These products are the 'Rolls Royce' of the monitoring world and there is no other product like it.
- Join a leader in the market, who are a small and dynamic, rapidly growing company. They have quadrupled their turnover in the last 4 years.
- There is not a lot of red tape and they promote a non-corporate environment so you are able to have a say in how things develop.
- They are a fair company with realistic, achievable bonuses.
Basic salary: £40,000
Area working: UK - can be based anywhere but will need to go to their office in Fleet once a month and Cambridge is the country's hot spot for business. Ideally, central based like Oxford, Cambridge, Birmingham, Manchester, London.
Products: Temperature Monitoring systems and associated equipment.
- As a degree level candidate, you will have 1-5 years capital equipment or complex sales strategy experience, in the pharmaceutical, life science or laboratory environment.
- You should have experience of selling where multiple people are involved in the purchasing decision and there is a solution based selling approach, and any business-to-business sales experience would be beneficial.
- You must have the ability to have business conversations with business owners and decision makers.
- Previous life science/ medical laboratory experience is beneficial, as well as any knowledge of cold temperature storage.
- You should be technically minded as well as personable so you are able to build long standing relationships. You will need to understand the products and it's unique selling points to sell to the customer.
- You may have come from an engineering or microbiologist background and moved into capital sales.
- You must have the drive and personality of a team player and the mindset to work closely with the rest of your team.
- You should be a self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision, and willing to travel within the UK and on occasion internationally.
- This is a technical sales role, where you will assess what the customer needs, and everything is designed and built bespoke.
- You will be selling a web-based Temperature Monitoring system into the pharmaceutical and biotechnology market.
- You will be responsible for promoting and selling the equipment and service offerings, managing existing client accounts to maximize sales potential, and establishing plans and strategies to expand the customer base.
- You will be expected to take responsibility for developing your own customer base demonstrating a comprehensive knowledge of the system to enable you to sell effectively.
- Key contacts are in Haematology, Pathology, in-house Hospital Pharmacies, Biotechnology departments, as well as Universities and into the research sector.
Key job responsibilities:
- Manage a market territory consisting of many customers across various regions.
- Prospect and establish new customers by managing a sales pipeline and developing and delivering proposals to customers.
- Sell consultatively, detailing products, determine customer needs and requirements, and make recommendations to both prospects and customers of the various solutions you can offer their business.
- Work closely with the sales director to develop strategic territory business plans for achievement of sales growth and quota attainment.
- Work in conjunction with sales management team providing proposals and implementing sales strategies to achieve sales growth.
- Build and sustain relationships with customers and ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Manage product portfolio and execute and implement company defined sales and marketing strategies.
- Represent and develop strong relationships with Biotech and Pharmaceutical manufacturers.