The company: My client is an independent player specialised in the Diagnostic Imaging Business. Operating in over 90 markets worldwide, they have a successful track record in the development of clinically important products and related services to support clinical professionals to optimise diagnostic procedures. A continuous path to innovation, addressing unmet medical needs and improving production processes efficiency.
The position: This role is for a talented and experienced sales leader who has a proven track record in managing high performing sales teams. As the Sales & Marketing Manager you will manage a team of 8 Account Managers and lead the strategic direction of the business in sales and marketing. You will be a natural strategic thinker with strong commercial/business acumen. Experience with delivering/input into business/ marketing strategies is essential.
Why should you apply?
- This is your chance to work within a successful entrepreneurial environment and state of the art products.
- You will gain exposure to all elements of the business.
- The company and their products are both highly respected in their trade.
Basic salary: £75,000
Bonus: 20% of salary
Area working: National - would need to go to office in Oxford once a month for management meeting
Products: Contrast Media & medical devices and advanced administration systems for contrast imaging products
You will have a least 3 years sales management experience within medical devices.You must be a strong sales leader with the ability to support, coach and develop the team. You will have been involved and had input with strategic business plans. You should be able to work under pressure and be able to multi task. Strong communication skills are paramount to being successful in this role. Any knowledge within diagnostics would be beneficial.
To ensure that sales budgets are achieved through the management of the Marketing and Sales team activities in line with company objectives. To lead the promotion and selling of our company's products and create competitive advantages in the market. To ensure marketing material and promotional activities are developed and aligned with the tactical plan.
- Responsible for the achievement of the company UK & IE sales budget
- Developing and implementing effective sales strategies
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics and suggest improvements
- Researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans, understanding customer requirements, identifying market trends, and suggesting improvements to achieve the company's operational goals
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- Responsible for the recruitment, training and day to day management of the sales team
- Monitor and analyse sales team performance metrics
- Management of pricing strategies in line with budget
- Manage the operating expense budget for the sales & marketing structure and keep the total costs within budget.
- Work closely with departmental heads to ensure all requested activities are carried out in a timely and compliant manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that all sales and marketing staff report adverse events strictly in accordance with specific local SOP.
- Responsible for ensuring that all sales and marketing staff handle requests for medical information strictly in accordance with specific local SOP.
- Responsible for ensuring that sales and marketing staff operate at all times within the guidelines of the current A.B.P.I. Code of Practice.
- Work closely with Pricing and contracts lead and sales team on responding to tenders.
- Co-ordinate the setting of the company sales budget and forecasts.
- Organise sales conferences and meetings.
- Interface with key people within the company
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Responsible for all marketing activities in the UK.
- Ensure that all relevant promotional material complies with the A.B.P.I. Code of Practice.
- Identify training requirements for Direct Reports.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, business performance reports, business operating plans and any other tasks reasonably requested by the company.
- Complete training courses to a satisfactory standard before commencing any task.
- Achieve and maintain a satisfactory standard of product knowledge.