The company: This is a medical device company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative products for use in spinal and orthopaedic surgery that address the issues this market is facing.
They are focused on enhancing cost effectiveness, safety and efficiency of orthopaedic implants and instrument systems. These are achieved by a new paradigm of single-use, sterile and traceable procedure kits.
By streamlining the expensive, complex and inefficient process by which implant systems are delivered, they work to dramatically improve the value proposition of these procedures for hospitals, surgeons and the collective healthcare systems that finance them.
The role: With an exciting year ahead and some great opportunities to exploit, my client is looking for a hungry and career driven individual to join the sales team.
Why should you apply?
- They have recently signed a huge distribution deal with a company in Japan and there is lots of investment into the UK market.
- Following the acquisition, they are expanding rapidly in the UK and have exciting growth plans.
- They have recently taken a significant positive step to become an IP rich development and manufacturing company. This transformational deal sees them focused on the development and commercialisation of a new product which consists of a single-use, sterile radiolucent retractor, offering surgeons genuine benefits – in both technical and economic terms – to traditional reusable products, while also offering a novel integrated illumination option.
Basic salary: up to c£55,000 dependent on experience
Bonus: 40% bonus
Area working: West Midlands and Trent
Products: Spinal implants and devices
- You must have a strong and demonstrable track record of success in orthopaedic sales, with a thorough understanding of the workings of the NHS and procurement.
- Ideally, you will have previous experience of selling spinal products into theatre, however, this is also a huge opportunity for someone without current spinal experience to break into the challenging and exciting spinal market.
- You should be technically minded with a strong track record of success.
- This is a challenging and technical sales role where you will be in theatre with Spinal Surgeons.
- The procedures can be long, however, it is highly rewarding.
- You will be given one to one training and time to settle in, so you will not be thrown in at the deep end if you are less experienced.
- This position is perfect for someone who wants to be in control and curve their own position, and you will be given plenty of opportunities to progress into other areas within the company e.g. marketing, export or product development.
- This territory is performing well and is of high value, with access to the big spinal centres in the Midlands.