The Company: With its products and solutions primarily for ophthalmology, my client helps drive progress in medicine and assists doctors all over the world in enhancing their patients' quality of life. My client has multiple divisions in their company and this role is part of their IOL and equipment division.
The role: Working in a territory which is performing well against target for the year, this role is looking for either an experienced ophthalmic sales person, or a theatre sales person who has the ability to transition into the ophthalmic sector. You will be tasked with achieving and exceeding territory sales targets in each section of the product range and as a whole.
Why Should You Apply?
- Niche market therapy area.
- Great benefits.
- Excellent career development.
Basic salary: £37,000 - £42,000
Bonus: £20,000 - £25,000
Area working: West Midlands
Products: Intra-ocular lenses and related consumables as well as phaco machines and ophthalmic microscopes (for Ophthalmics, Neuro and Spinal Surgery)
You will have experience, ideally, of both capital and consumable sales (ophthalmic ideal but would consider other specialities). As a second option, they would consider an account manager with proven solid sales success in a competitive marketplace who is polished but is looking at breaking into medical sales if they had transferable skills and high potential.
- You will be responsible for all sales activities in assigned territory for all hospitals and customers for capital and consumable product range (IOL's, OVD and Phacoemulsification equipment) and nominated A-accounts including demonstrations of equipment, qualification and execution of leads, maintaining region and account intelligence and communicating market trends and for achieving sales target.
- Responsible for planning and forecasting sales activity, POs and implementation and training on the product range.
- Responsible for implementing marketing/field requirements for the provision of existing and new products in line with Sales and Marketing plans.
- Responsible for the coordination and management of solutions managed in part by PSM's through commercial solutions including leveraging efficiency and cost saving proposals to develop subsequent surgical product supply contracts.
- Present and sell the surgical product range in surgical and outpatient fields in all areas and associated products to allow workplace solution.
- Full appropriate utilisation, organisation and accountability of demonstration equipment to facilitate product evaluation and convert sales opportunities in line with company policy.
- Negotiation to agreed discount levels, seeking proper approvals to ensure profit/discount levels.
- Identify and develop sales prospects and other key accounts for innovative products.
- Prepare customer presentations, tenders, and proposals. Be responsible for the demonstration of equipment, liaison with EBME, Theatres and Supplies.
- The timely follow-up of all new leads and referrals resulting from field and marketing activity.
- Carry out defined sales action plans and schedules, as part of targeted marketing campaigns.
- Work with internal customers to facilitate delivery of customer orders/supply contracts and resolution of customer enquiries.
- Coordinate supply contracts and provide customer training/product troubleshooting.
- Project/forecast the number of sales to be made (both capital and consumable).
- Develop and maintain product knowledge to defined standards of competency.
- Establish and maintain excellent customer relationships.
- Participate in marketing events such as exhibitions and workshops, maintaining professional conduct at all times.
- Identify and resolve customer concerns/complaints.