The opportunity: This is your opportunity to join a technology-based company with many years’ experience in providing specialist products and solutions for the Mission Critical Emergency Services industry and other related markets. Their operating divisions include Telematics, Medical Supply, Asset Finance and Medical Servicing, which gives them the ability to adapt to customer demands and continually improve and deliver better health outcomes.
The position: They are looking for a commercially experienced individual to join the team as Head of Medical Engineering who will inspire and lead medical servicing to the next stage of its development as a centre of excellence, and future proof their medical servicing and clinical engineering services.
The role will be based from the office at Worksop but will require frequent travel throughout the UK visiting various sites and will include overnight stays. Core operating hours are 9am to 5pm, however the role will require flexibility around working patterns to fit with clients.
Why should you apply?
- A major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) – via the NHS supply chain framework.
- Their aspiration is to be recognised as industry leaders in their specialised fields.
- They offer state-of-the-art emergency and mission critical technological solutions.
Basic salary: Competitive
Area working: Predominately based in Worksop but will require some travel throughout the UK
- Medical equipment support and servicing - Maintenance and Repair Service.
- Medical Device Repairs
- Medical Device Maintenance
- End of Life Equipment Disposal facility
- Emergency Breakdown Service
- Technical Advice and Guidance on Equipment
- Training Solutions for “end users”
- Electrical Safety Testing
- Inventory Audits Procedure
- OEM Contract Management
- Medical Device Procurement
You will have a minimum of 5 years experience in medical device maintenance and will be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the operational demands of a medical servicing department. You will be capable of managing an internal and external team of service engineers and have an in depth understanding of medical device governance.
?£?Skills & Qualifications:
- Educated to Degree/PhD level in relevant field is desirable
- Significant experience of a scientific or healthcare environment
- Experience in growing the medical engineering/ servicing department/ business
- Proven experience of managing medical device safety alerts and incidents effectively
- Experience of managing a technical team of staff ranging from junior to senior grades.
- Ability to produce accurate technical documentation in a timely manner
- Driven to achieve accurate results in every aspect of your work
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience of strategic planning, development and implementation
- Successful track record in the growth of a service-based operation gained within a high value capital equipment environment
- Demonstrate ability to apply robust analytical methods to real world engineering problems
- Thorough understanding of a warranty environment, including risk and financial management of the function
- Excellent decision-making, communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge and practical experience of medical devices would be a distinct advantage
- Understanding of ISO 9001 and 13485 and key international regulations covering medical devices including MHRA is an advantage
- Experience of leading and developing medium size teams
You will be an instrumental driving force to rapidly grow and develop their service and engineering based revenues. The role will be an integral part of the senior team and provide strategic planning and operational management of the engineering department. This role will be predominately based in Worksop but will require some travel throughout the UK visiting centres and clients.
- Provide leadership to maintain and improve existing core engineering processes and identify new innovative methods and technologies for the advancement of operation
- Develop and execute a growth strategy that broadens the engineering activities beyond what is currently being delivered
- Lead on potential customer engagements, working closely with the Business Development team to drive new revenue opportunities
- Building and nurturing all relationships with key customers to provide optimum customer care - a key driver in company success
- Review and adhere to manufacturer and customer expectations for all warranty work provided within the department
- Ensure that quality and performance standards are agreed, and resources are managed to support the department
- Work closely with key suppliers to bring more advanced engineering services in-house to help improve timelines, quality and customer service
- Support and motivate your team of engineers, setting performance objectives and encouraging personal development and growth for staff
- Resource planning in line with strategic growth plan
- Defining best practices and continually improving standard operating procedures to ensure work flows are current (i.e. using up to date technologies), efficient and effective.
- Collaborate closely with the COO in addressing operating challenges through the implementation of continuous improvement strategies
- Full profit and loss responsibility of the department to ensure all financial and strategic objectives are met
- Working closely with the CFO to ensure budgets are in line with expectations and inputting in to ongoing financial planning cycles
- Drive efficiencies within the department through ‘Lean’ (or other) principles
- Develop and ensure management reports are accurate and delivered within agreed timelines
- Communicate at all levels throughout the Group from indirect report to board level with confidence, accuracy and appropriate detail
- Work with the wider business to determine priorities and business objectives.