The opportunity: This is your opportunity to join a technology-based company with many years’ experience in providing specialist products and solutions for the Mission Critical Emergency Services industry and other related markets. Their extensive portfolio includes Telematics, Medical Supply, Asset Finance and Medical Servicing, which allows them to be both fluid and reactive.
The position: The company is looking to recruit a?£?Field Service Engineer with proven engineering experience in automotive electrical installations. Due to their rapid expansion this is a new exciting role to complement the existing operations team within the group working on a variety of projects.
The role will be based from the office at Worksop but will require frequent travel throughout the UK visiting various sites and will include overnight stays. Core operating hours are 9am to 5pm, however the role will require flexibility around working patterns to fit with clients.
Why should you apply?
- A major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) – via the NHS supply chain framework.
- Their aspiration is to be recognised as industry leaders in their specialised fields.
- They offer state-of-the-art emergency and mission critical technological solutions.
Basic Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
Area working: Commutable to Worksop. The role will be based from the office at Worksop but will require frequent travel throughout the UK visiting various sites and will include overnight stays.
- Experienced auto-electrician with strong automotive electronics background
- Strong decision-making, communication and organisational skills
- Proven experience of logical fault finding and vehicle diagnostic processes
- Excellent analytical skills
- Understanding of vehicle electrical systems including CANBUS
- A full clean driving licence is essential
- Qualified auto electrician with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite particularly Word/Excel
- Previous experience in the following would be an advantage:
- Installation of vehicle tracking/telematics systems
- Working with Emergency Services vehicles
- Qualification or working to FCS-1362 standards
- Working at client sites installing & commissioning Telematics systems.
- Testing and checking electrical system installations on specialist vehicles.
- Running diagnostics on vehicle systems to troubleshoot issues.
- Work alongside customer technicians to deliver training.
- Work with vehicle converters to develop and approve installation processes/documents.
- Technical support for 3rd party installers/technicians.
- Supporting other business areas with automotive installation requirements.