The Company: This billion dollar company is the most comprehensive medical device company in the world, with its business extending across many healthcare disciplines. It is governed by the principle of making sure that all business decisions first and foremost benefit their customers. As a reactive company, it doesn't try to shape the industry or market, but reacts to changes in the world, NHS and individual hospitals and act accordingly. It doesn't try to force its approach upon the world.
The Position: They are now looking for an experienced Commercial Manager to work across all of their Orthopaedic and Surgical portfolios
Why Should You Apply?
- You will enjoy one of the best remuneration packages in the industry.
- With at least one product in every A&E/Emergency Room and Theatre/OR in the World, the opportunities for the right candidate are immense.
- 80% of roles go internally, therefore, you have limitless opportunities to move not only upwards within your sector of the business but are encouraged to apply for development opportunities within other parts of the business.
- Industry leading training and development.
Benefits: Car, Pension, Healthcare, Lunch Allowance, Commission, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Mobile, Laptop
Area Working: East Midlands
Products: Orthopaedic and General Surgery portfolio
The NHS is a series of complex and multi layered accounts with an increasing number of stakeholders and influencers. Payers, patients and policy makers are looking increasingly for companies to offer true value added solutions rather than just products. The Commercial Manager (CM) will develop mutually beneficial relationships with Key Accounts in order for the company to become the preferred long-term strategic partner and drive profitable sales and market share growth. The CM will develop, lead and implement the strategic account plan in line with the company's device Commercial Strategy.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Build in-depth understanding of the customer in order to match appropriate company offerings and develop mutually beneficial solutions.
- Build strong relationships with a broad range of key stakeholders within and outside of the theatre environment in order to secure long-term sales growth for Medical devices.
- Drive customer interaction to maximise our potential in a changing market environment.
- Sell the Medical device value proposition tailored to strategic accounts in order to develop long term partnership agreements.
- Work closely with the sales organizations and lead multimillion pound tender applications and ensuring their successful acceptance.
- Manage price, volume and mix and other commercial terms for strategic accounts in line with national strategy in order to secure market value.
- Co-ordinate internal resources to deliver appropriate Value-Added Solutions for allocated strategic accounts.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to deliver solutions to customers including HER, HCC and Legal.
- Feedback environmental knowledge, market intelligence and sales opportunities to sales and marketing colleagues.
- Keep up to date with market trends and in particular focus on changes in funding and service delivery, which may affect the implementation of the Commercial Strategy.
- Undertake specific projects as agreed with the Commercial Director.
You should have previous experience at working at senior sales, BDM or Commercial Manager level selling either Orthopaedics or General Surgery at a commercial level. You should also have an excellent understanding of the UK Healthcare System and an understanding of health economic principles.