Summary: My client is the fastest growing UK manufacturer of pressure area care solutions, having quickly developed a reputation for designing the most innovative support surfaces in the UK market. This rapidly expanding business is renowned for bringing customer-driven innovations to market along with delivering the highest levels of customer service, education and support.
The position: As part of their strategic growth plan, they are now looking to recruit a dynamic and talented Business Development Manager to successfully maintain and grow their business in the South West/South Wales territory. This role represents an unlimited opportunity for the right individual to progress their career within a dynamic and fast growing company.
Why should you apply?
- This is a superb opportunity to work with a well established, well respected company.
- Personality is more important than the type of product you have been involved in.
- People who are personable, compassionate and have lots of empathy.
Basic salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Bonus: £10,000 on target (open ended)
Area working: South West and South Wales
Products: Pressure Care Beds, Mattresses and Cushions
My client is ideally looking for someone with proven experience of selling to the NHS. Related Community Equipment and Acute market experience would be a clear advantage, as would a strong clinical background.
You must be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- A positive, self-motivated and competitive approach to developing new business and increasing sales within a team environment.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to plan and execute successfully.
- The ability to build and maintain close customer relationships.
- Self-disciplined with excellent planning/time management skills, and flexible in order to achieve results.
- Demonstrably self-confident, decisive, and resilient, with the ability to thrive under pressure and manage a number of priorities.
Selling/demonstrating Pressure Area Care equipment within the Acute and Community Health environment. Customer service / acquisition of new customers. Planning, executing and monitoring of all measures necessary to guarantee to achieve budget.
This encompasses in particular:
- Customer care for (managerial) stakeholders, clinical staff (Tissue Viability Nurses, Infection Control, District Nurses) and hospital administration with the goal of achieving qualitative and sales-oriented consultation.
- Organising and conducting training, ward/district nurse participation and workshop facilitation.
- Conducting price negotiations and contractual preparation within the limits of in-house guidelines, up to contract conclusion.
- Coordination of the distribution and logistics of products. (Conditionals, Deposits, Kits …) with the support of the related manager.
- Controlling all the resources and materials of his related sales area. Optimisation of the resources (demo equipment).
- Regular reporting to Sales Managers, on the evolution of the sales, and adaptation to the circumstances of the market.