The Company: With its products and solutions primarily for ophthalmology, my client helps drive progress in medicine and assists doctors all over the world in enhancing their patients' quality of life. my client has multiple divisions in their company and this role is part of their Diagnostic division.
The role: Working in a territory which is performing well against target for the year, this role is looking for either an experienced Ophthalmic or Capital Equipment Sales person who has the ability to transition into the ophthalmic sector. You will be tasked with achieving and exceeding territory sales targets in each section of the product range and as a whole.
Why Should You Apply?
- Niche market therapy area.
- Great benefits.
- Excellent career development.
Basic salary: £36,000 - £42,000
Area Working: North and South Thames
Products: Ophthalmic Diagnostic equipment (for Retina & Glaucoma)
You will have a proven sales record in the Ophthalmic Surgical consumable and capital environment and a working knowledge and understanding of theatre environment. As a second option, other medical sales people with Capital Equipment experience will be considered. You should also have the ability to develop strong relationships with all levels of staff within a NHS or Private Hospitals quickly.
To be responsible for all sales activities in assigned territory for all hospitals and customers for the Ophthalmic Systems Range within nominated accounts including demonstrations of equipment, qualification and execution of leads, maintaining region and account intelligence and communicating market trends and for achieving sales target.
- Responsible for planning and forecasting sales activity, POs and implementation and training on product range.
- Responsible for implementing marketing/field requirements for provision of existing and new Products in line with Sales and Marketing plans.
- Responsible for the coordination and management of client solutions through commercial solutions including leveraging efficiency and cost saving proposals to develop subsequent surgical product supply contracts.
- Present and sell Ophthalmic Systems product range in surgical and out-patient fields in all areas and associated products to allow workplace solution.
- Full appropriate utilization, organization and accountability of demonstration equipment to facilitate product evaluation and convert sales opportunities in line with company policy.
- Negotiation to agreed discount levels, seeking proper approvals to ensure profit/discount levels.
- Identify and develop sales prospects and other key accounts for innovative products.
- Prepare customer presentations, tenders, and proposals.
- Be responsible for demonstration of equipment, liaison with EBME, Theatres and Supplies.
- Carry out defined sales action plans and schedules, as part of targeted marketing campaigns.
- Work with internal customers to facilitate delivery of customer orders/supply contracts and resolution of customer enquiries.
- Coordinate supply contracts and provide customer training/product troubleshooting.
- Project/Forecast the number of sales to be made (both capital and consumable).
- Establish and maintain excellent customer relationships.
- Participate in marketing events such as exhibitions and workshops, maintaining professional conduct at all times.
- Prepare business plan to allow target achievement with review of territory/target objectives quarterly.
Benefits: car (or allowance), pension, healthcare, mobile, laptop, lunch allowance.