The Company: This global market leader in ophthalmic surgical ophthalmic devices is a growing and dynamic organisation. With a vision to be the number one eye care company in the UK, they are growing their business by putting their customers at the centre of everything that they do. They believe in working together as a team to achieve excellence and having fun along the way.
The Position: This successful and rapidly evolving EyeCare company are now looking for a National Sales Manager to join their Vision Care team. You will lead this results driven UK/I team towards success through strong leadership, strategic business planning and coaching and development during the next phase of a new product launch.
Why Should You Apply?
- You will be working for a market leading, well-respected organisation.
- Although part of a global organisation, their business model allows autonomy and accountability without bureaucracy and red tape.
- You be part of a results-driven culture.
- Excellent benefits package.
Bonus: £10,000 - £12,000
Products: Contact lenses and contact lens solutions
Area working: UK (2-3 days per month in office in Surrey)
You will have proven healthcare sales experience together with significant experience managing a direct sales force. You will also have experience in sales and directly managing customers. Previous involvement with new product launches would be highly advantageous. You will have recognised sales training either from healthcare, FMCG, or other marketplaces and be able to leverage these when training, developing and coaching team members. Other requirements include:
- Experience and success in recruiting and retaining a high performance sales team and a demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse sales team.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales plans both with the team and directly with customers.
- Proven commercial acumen, analysis and judgement with the ability to proactively develop business and manage P&L to meet objectives.
- Proven ability to create and deliver insightful annual business plans.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
- Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
- Solid understanding of healthcare and regulatory requirements and issues.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- You have excellent organisational skills.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to network and build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to travel as required, estimated to be 60% or more.
You will be responsible for the National Sales team within the Independents and Regionals channel with 6 direct reports who as TBMs work strategically and add value to their customers. Reporting to the Business Unit Head you will be integral to driving the business forward and will be involved with a new and exciting product launch. As well as the people responsibility you will also directly manage some National accounts to grow the business. As part of the Business Unit Leadership team you will be heavily involved with strategy and developing sales force excellence. With differing levels of experience within the team your role will also involve a lot of mentoring and coaching. Working in collaboration with departments all across the company you will deliver significant sales growth across the UK forVision Care business both directly and through the team.
- Create and implement effective sales strategies and lead nationwide direct sales team (6 direct reports) toward achievement of national sales objectives and margin contributions.
- Develop competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient sales organization.
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Provide sales management, budget control, compensation programs and incentive planning.
- Ensure effective hiring, orientation, training, development and retention of sales team.
- Provide supervision through co-travels, observations and measurement of results to include performance appraisals and salary reviews.
- Be the expert on the Independents and Regionals channel and proactively identify changes in the Industry, delivery systems, and competitive pressures to develop and modify strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts as appropriate. Drive and collate local business plans from the Territory Business Managers and Regional Account Manager on a quarterly basis and ensure regular forecast adjustments are fed into the demand planning process.
- Manage to meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts. Ensure reporting of weekly numbers to the Business Unit Head and to the team in order to effectively track the team’s performance.
- Partner with the BU Head and Key Account team in the development of key customer relationship management and business led strategies. Partner with Key Accounts to leverage opportunities across the whole business.
- Negotiate business deals and contracts as required working closely with the Commercial Analyst and Finance to ensure approval on pricing and margins.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Professional Services, Finance, Customer Service, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Work in conjunction with the marketing and sales management team to input into the annual strategy and implementation of the plan throughout the sales team.
- Maintain competitive knowledge and anticipate competitor activity in order to create and adjust sales strategies.
- Attend clinical meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate.