The Company: This global market leader in ophthalmic surgical ophthalmic devices is a growing and dynamic organisation. With a vision to be the number one eye care company in the UK, they are growing their business by putting their customers at the centre of everything that they do. They believe in working together as a team to achieve excellence and having fun along the way.
The Position: A vacancy has now arisen for an experienced Product Manager to manage their VisionCare products.
Why Should You Apply?
- You will be working for a market leading, well-respected organisation.
- Although part of a global organisation, their business model allows autonomy and accountability without bureaucracy and red tape.
- You will be joining on the cusp of an exciting new NPD addition to the portfolio and will take full ownership for a product launch.
- You be part of a results-driven culture.
- Excellent benefits package.
Basic salary: Negotiable
Area working: based from head office in Kingston
Products: Vision care contact lenses and solutions
You will have a Marketing or business degree as a preferred. You will have experience of operating within a multi-national healthcare company. You will have experience of product marketing; this will ideally be in Consumer Healthcare and/or Medical Devices although this is not essential. You have demonstrated a capability in business case development. You have strong analytical skills. You are an agile problem solver. You thrive on achieving targets. You are able to build strong brand plans and will be extremely creative. You are an excellent communicator. You are able to persuade and influence people. You are customer focused. You are able to demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and commercial acumen. You embrace change. You are able to operate with ambiguity and demonstrate a strong ability to multitask. You are able to manage expectations of multiple stakeholders. You enjoy delivering to tight deadlines in a results orientated organisation and will have experience of a new product launch.
Your responsibilities in the role will include the following:-
- You will contribute to the development of the annual UK/Ireland Sales + Marketing plan.
- You will manage the implementation of activities within the plan providing clear direction to sales teams on existing and new product launch strategies.
- You will support the commercialisation of new products (Business development or New Product Development) and contribute to launch plans designed to ensure sales rep engagement, customer advocacy and rapid sales uptake.
- You will work with the Scientific and Technical Manager and professional relations team to ensure a robust professional services strategy for maximising growth potential of new and existing products.
- You will have an active role in supporting the key account manager and sales reps during early product trials in order to gather insight, share best practice and drive accelerated growth of new products.
- You will manage internal cross-functional relationships to define process improvements and set up relevant pricing, channel strategies and promotional tactics for new and existing products that will result in maximised profit margin and market share gain.
- You will support the implementation of new product launch activities with an integrated promotional plan designed to maximise sales growth for the portfolio.
- You will maintain brand identity and ensures consistency of message driving tactical programmes that address internal and external stakeholder needs.
- You will represent the company brand and apply creative skills in developing promotional materials with external agencies and internal stakeholders and then successfully deliver to the sales team.
- You will constantly look for improvements and feedback in materials development and adoption by the sales team in order to ensure excellence in communications to surgeons.
- You will ensure a coordinated approach to all events and educational programmes in conjunction with the Events Coordinator, Sales + Marketing Team.
Market + Customer
- You will demonstrate a strong level of technical and clinical understanding of the product portfolio.
- You will demonstrate strong knowledge of market environments and competitors in order to adjust tactical plans and be responsive to competitor activity.
- You will monitor customer complaints in conjunction with Technical and Scientific Manager ensuring appropriate and timely communication back to the customer.
- You will ensure close monitoring of supply and demand to meet customer expectations.
- You will assist in identifying and profiling customers for Key Opinion Leader development and advocacy.
- You will demonstrate strong capability in influencing Eye Care Professionals to help achieve the annual business plan.
Managing Sales and Plans
- You will monitor all purchase order requisitions ensuring timely approval in line with budgetary spend.
- You will liaise regularly with European logistics centre supply chain to accurately reflect and monitor UK forecasting.
- You will monitor and report regularly on backorders managing fairshare stock situations when needed.
- You will ensure UK demand Forecasts are regularly updated to provide convenient product supply and allow inventory planners to be aligned with the portfolio strategy.
- You will manage the surgical advertising and promotion ensuring clear budgetary allocation, regular tracking and staying within budget.
- You will claim development for new products and artwork approvals liaising with Regulatory team for artwork and new product approvals.