The company: This is an opportunity with a medical 3D printing company providing patient specific anatomical models, surgical guides, implant planning and design. They work with a variety of medical institutions, universities, medical device manufacturers and 3D printing organisations nationally, in Europe and overseas. Their primary focus is the supply of patient specific medical devices, such as: anatomical models, surgical guides and bespoke titanium implants. Disciplines covered include Cardiothoracic, General, Neurosurgery, Oral & Maxillofacial, ENT, Plastic Surgery, Trauma & Orthopaedic, Urology and Vascular.
The role: My client is looking for an Associate Sales Representative to join its UK business development team.
Why should you apply?
- They already have embedded hub facilities in various hospitals across the UK. These Hubs provide a wide variety of local personalised and manufactured medical products and servers to the clinical teams.
- They offer a dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Salary increase subject to end of 18 month performance review.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and growing British company.
- It is a chance to work in an extremely innovative area within the medical industry.
Basic salary: Negotiable plus quarterly bonus
Bonus: Performance bonus of the max 12% quarterly of 1-3% per quarter dependent on performance.
Additional commission % for any direct sales of models/ guides etc. available too
Area working: UK - ideal candidate location in the triangle of Birmingham, London, Bristol as you will need to be ideally within about a 1.5 hour's drive to each of those prime target locations
Products/Service: 3D printing service - patient specific medical devices, anatomical models, surgical guides and bespoke titanium implants
- Ideally a graduate, you should have a bio-medical/ scientific or engineering background and should firmly understand patient-specific medical devices.
- You will ideally have some existing experience in the medical device sales world, preferably within orthopaedics, cardiovascular, oncology, or cranio-maxillofacial.
- You must be organised, hard-working and driven to succeed.
- The role includes an initial, 1:1 training period with Head of Commercial. This will form the basis of your development as a representative capable of operating within the medical device market and successfully growing the company’s pipeline and sales revenue.
- The role scope and salary will be reviewed after 18 months which (if positive) will lead to greater responsibility and remuneration.
- Central to the role will be developing business leads and selling 3D (digital and printed) patient-specific medical devices to clinicians such as consultant surgeons and hospital across the UK. It encompasses Head & Neck reconstruction, Trauma, Complex deformities, Orthognathic and Aesthetic along with many other surgeries. They design the screw holes in the implants to match the screws the surgeon wants to use/ the hospital has in stock so it is their choice.
- The products include anatomical models, surgical guides custom-made implants and clinical simulators.
- Your headquarters will be the Oxford Hub but you will be expected to spend time each month at all of their facilities. The majority of the role will require travel to targeted NHS hospitals across the UK as directed by the Head of Commercial.
• A car and petrol expense coverage will be provided by the company