The company: This company is a global leader within hospital Infection Prevention and Control. Their industry leading innovative antimicrobial products help significantly improve standards of patient care by preventing the transmission of healthcare associated infections.
The position: They are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated client-facing Infection Control Specialist to join the UK sales team and rapidly increase the volume of sales into NHS hospitals. You will be responsible for maintaining existing business, as well as identifying and developing new business opportunities. To achieve this, you will have a real hunger to succeed and will demonstrate commitment to not only meeting, but exceeding KPIs.
As an Infection Control Specialist, you will be required to develop thorough knowledge of infectious disease, infection prevention/ control and antimicrobial technologies, and must keep up to date with the latest advancements in research. You will need to interact with and develop strong relationships with a diverse group of Stakeholders in the NHS and ensure the optimum presentation of the products.
Why should you apply?
- You will be working within a small, close knit team.
- It is a varied role where your primary focus is to sell, but they encourage involvement in other activities such as sales conferences, exhibitions, user group meetings, PR activity, editorials, creation of sales literature, presenting at industry events, corporate hospitality, seminars, promotional material etc.
- Hard work is noticed - they are a global company but not so big that you can't make your mark. You will be rewarded for hard work and given development opportunities for exciting future roles to maximise your potential.
- This is a challenging role which will keep you on your feet and push you to be the best you can be!
- There is exposure to other areas in the company and are able to be involved in such as marketing and product development.
- There will also be future opportunities to travel e.g. to the US.
Basic salary: £23,000 - £30,000 dependent on experience
Bonus: KPI - £5k per year plus uncapped commission
Area working: North (not including Scotland) - Cumbria down to Notts/Derby. Ideal location would be Manchester.
Products: Innovative antimicrobial products - disinfecting agent, disposable antimicrobial hospital curtains, blinds, hard surface cleaner, fabric spray, absorbent spill power
Ideally, you will have a relevant life science or nursing degree. Any knowledge of infectious diseases, infection prevention/ control and antimicrobial technologies would be beneficial. Most importantly, you will have a charming personality with th gravitas to engage with a number of high level stake holders. Ideally you will have some sales experience or have worked in a customer facing environment, but this could be in another industry. Experience of selling into NHS hospitals of medical sales experience would also be an advantage, but not essential. You will have the ability to pick up complex scientific data and you must be willing to travel.
- Within defined target markets, develop and maintain high-level contact to key influencers and decision makers; providing linkage at senior level to the company.
- Identify and track high profile or large clients of strategic value.
- Identify and lead core opportunities from early contact to order entry.
- Develop and deliver strategic proposals for specific projects.
- Direct responsibility for new business opportunities and assigned accounts within target markets.
- Build and maintain a healthy pipeline in accordance with KPIs – updating the CRM system (Salesforce) with details of all client meetings, calls, correspondence and opportunities.
- Secure new contracts to meet sales targets.
- Submit regular sales activity plans, reports and forecasts.
- Provide technical and industry knowledge to other sales team members and customers as necessary.
- Maintain a market intelligence capability to be aware of opportunities, issues and competitive threats.
- Provide input for marketing activities (sales conferences, exhibitions, user group meetings, PR activity, editorials, creation of sales literature, presenting to potential customers at industry events, corporate hospitality, seminars, promotional material, etc.).
- Represent the company at meetings and conferences.
- Support the process of specifying new products including the assessment of overall likely opportunity.
- Providing input to support process of developing the roadmap for future product development.
- Identifying and reporting competitive product activity.
- Provide commercial support within the organization.
- Contract review and feedback.
- Negotiation with customers, distributors and supplies where appropriate.
Benefits: Car allowance (£250 monthly but some flexibility with this), laptop, phone.