The company: This position is with a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of premium molecular diagnostic products and services that are used to diagnose human diseases, screen donated human blood and to aid in biomedical research. They are a leader in the development, manufacturing and sales of medical imaging systems and biopsy devices as well as surgical and treatment products, with an emphasis on serving the healthcare needs of women. The business is dedicated to impacting the lives of people across the globe through the early detection of disease, improved diagnosis and less invasive treatments.
The Surgical Solutions vision is to transform women’s healthcare by delivering innovative, simple and efficient gynaecological surgical products that free women of debilitating gynaecological conditions that can stop them from enjoying life to its fullest.
The position: In this role you will provide expertise and commercial support to the UK surgical sales team directly and via a team of Clinical Applications Specialists, in order to drive sales of surgical products. Support the UK sales team with case coverage, training, market analysis, internal troubleshooting and complaint handling.
Why should you apply?
- There has never been a more exciting time to join. Bright people, working together to pioneer advances in human health care, have created their success.
- Their work atmosphere is stimulating, innovative and customer focused.
- You will be provided with state-of-the art tools and technology, a collaborative and passionate work environment and the ability to make a dramatic difference in the world of healthcare.
Basic salary: £55,000 - £60,000
Area working: UK
Products: Surgical gynaecology - minimally invasive treatment options (endometrial ablation and tissue removal) for women facing gynaecologic conditions.
In this role, you will be responsible for the management and ongoing training and development of a team of Clinical Applications Specialists. You will partner with the account managers and the regional business manager to ensure high quality clinical applications quality and coverage. You will be working collaboratively (with the field sales representative) to support surgical cases with local physicians and other clinicians for training and follow-up. Other key responsibilities include:
- Educate the Sales Team on all of the current clinical data and new developments regarding the surgical products, including how these developments can provide clinical benefits and patient safety.
- Support sales team with assistance for presentations, lunchtime seminars, advisory board meetings and KOL meetings.
- Analyze and prepares reports, documenting training performance for all instruction provided to customers. Including competitive information gathering.
- Partner with US group on new product development and launches.
- Maintain current knowledge about assigned products and services as well as competitive products and disease states.
- Support trial activity where necessary.
- Represent the company at Conferences and Exhibitions including responsibility for surgical speaking engagements.
- Attends internal/external education meetings and reads appropriate professional journals to maintain and enhance skills and clinical competency.
- Determine best methods and needs for dealing with customer complaints, troubleshooting issues, and public relations, and coordinate and liaison with other departments as necessary
- Work with UK Marketing Manager and International Medical Affairs Manager to determine key strategies and tactics.
- Provide "expert" market knowledge during the assessment of new product opportunities.
- Interface with applications and service to make sure they receive the relevant information required for creation of training tools.
- Develop Medical Education program to include: Masterclasses, Round Tables, Registrar training and nurse training events.
To perform this job successfully, you must possess supervisory experience or demonstrate the potential/capability to supervise and manage, for example through the recruitment/ assessment process. You will have the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve applications issues in the field. Other key skills necessary for this position include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the aptitude to liaise and interact with people at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of trustworthiness, respect and integrity.
- Proven ability to organize self and project manage effectively in line with deadlines and budgetary constraints.
- Passionate and committed to improving patient care.
- Willingness to travel in accordance with duties within the UK with international travel, as required.