The Company: This billion dollar company is the most comprehensive medical device company in the world, with its business extending across many healthcare disciplines. It is governed by the principle of making sure that all business decisions first and foremost benefit their customers. As a reactive company, it doesn't try to shape the industry or market, but reacts to changes in the world, NHS and individual hospitals and act accordingly. It doesn't try to force its approach upon the world.
The Position: This role involves Managing the company's sales representatives throughout the region. You should have previous Management experience with a team of Cardiology reps/in Theatre and have a demonstrable record of growing business, developing individuals and working strategically.
Why Should You Apply?
- You will enjoy one of the best remuneration packages in the industry.
- With at least one product in every A&E/Emergency Room and Theatre/OR in the World, the opportunities for the right candidate are immense
- 80% of roles go internally, therefore, you have limitless opportunities to move not only upwards within your sector of the business but are encouraged to apply for development opportunities within other parts of the business.
- Industry leading training and development.
Basic salary: Negotiable
Area Working: East & West Midlands
You should have previous man-management experience ideally gained within the theatre environment. A degree background in a scientific or business related field would be an advantage as would a driven and dynamic personality.
- Responsibility to meet and exceed sales and profit targets for their geographic area, delivering outstanding business results.
- Develop catheter utilisation in Electrophysiology to gain market share and to achieve sales targets aligned with the Business Plan.
- Collaborate with the Business Unit Director (BUD) and respective Management Team, Clinical Training Lead, Clinical Support Specialists (CSS), and Account Managers (AM) to develop innovative activities to achieve Sales Targets and to allow the franchise to gain market share and differentiate from the competition.
- Build strong business plans with Account Managers, using expert knowledge of the customers and marketplace challenges.
- Execute strategic/ imperatives, aligned with global, EMEA, and European strategic direction
- Implement global, EMEA, and European pricing policies and commercial strategies across all accounts
- Execute on key EMEA Marketing strategies to include the successful rollout of new products
- Maintain and develop firm business relationships with KOLs and other strategically important clinical and economic stakeholders
- Develop specific clinical programs with key customers to provide added value and drive sales from a non-direct approach.
- Fully understand financial and non-financial objectives of the UK/IR business strategic plan, aligning this with an area business plan that is appropriately deployed at Account Manager level.
- Collaborate with Management Team to assist Business Unit Director in the longer-term strategic business planning process.
- Responsible for the development of pricing and commercial content for all tenders to ensure a best in class submission as well as ongoing management of tenders throughout their life cycle in conjunction with the Account Manager.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors’ products and strategies in the local market using market analysis results to develop local marketing and business plans.
- Maintain accurate forecasting to effectively control inventory and ensure customer demand fulfilment.
- Establish Credo based leadership principles in all interactions with internal and external customers.
People Management & Development:
- Responsible for building and maintaining a highly effective team environment that encourages performance excellence, participation, personal and organisational growth.
- Responsibility for recruitment, management, training & ongoing development of all team members
- Plan & implement sales targets for individuals that will allow the region to meet its targets, with a particular focus on key products & technologies that will drive future sales.
- Develop talent pipeline for purposes of succession planning across the organisation. Create development plans that will equip individuals with competencies needed for future development.
- Encourage and support individuals to develop and realise their full potential in the pursuit of territory and business objectives. Consistent local day to day coaching support.
- Ensure effective coordination of sales & clinical activities for the area to meet the business objectives.
- Reward team members to maximise sales growth.
- Monitor the CSS activity to ensure appropriate time spent in the correct target accounts that will enable business objectives to be met.
- Ongoing assessment of team to ensure they have the necessary skills & competencies to fulfil existing roles.
- Management and leadership of the team in line with company processes.
- Take responsibility for focused meetings and training with Sales & Clinical team.
- Collaborate with Marketing to manage congresses and exhibitions, to ensure an adequate representation of the company and their key products.