My client is is a growing biopharmaceutical company with a passion for innovation, where your professional development is integral to our vision.
They need someone with aptitude for scientific and medical communication who can become our technical product expert. You will be an excellent communicator with advanced presentation skills and the ability to persuade and influence using scientific argument and clinical evidence. You will use your excellent disease area knowledge and ability to critically appraise scientific data to inform company research, enliven medical education events, stimulate marketing activities and support the field based customer representatives.
Basic salary: Negotiable
Area working: Based in Birmingham with nationwide and occasional international travel
Products: Clinical immunology/haematology
You should have a (as a minimum) 2:1 life science degree and ideally be qualified to MD/Physician, PharmD, pharmacist or PhD level. As well as:
- Proven ability to develop and foster peer-to-peer, credible relationships with medical experts/decision makers.
- Working knowledge of the NHS.
- Thorough knowledge of clinical medicine, disease management, and medical research in at least one therapeutic area. Therapeutic knowledge in the areas of immunology, neurology or haematology is desirable.
- Ability to understand and convey scientific information in a credible and engaging manner.
- Proven ability to use IT tools and interface effectively with a variety of technical platforms.
- Strong personal integrity, and customer focus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation and advanced presentation skills.
- Able to effectively work independently and contribute to multifunctional teams.
- Must be able to adapt, organise, prioritise, and work effectively in a constantly changing field-based environment.
- Good knowledge of the ABPI code and high regard for ethical business practices.
- Knowledge of pharmacovigilance and the regulatory life-cycle of medicines is desirable.
- Knowledge of clinical development and GCP would be desirable.
Scientific support to customer representatives:
- Ensure initial and continued medical training of customer representatives.
- Participate with national or international conferences and regularly transmit medical updates to field team
- Contribute to competitor analysis and follow-up.
- React to requests for information on off-label or unlicensed use of the company's products in a non-promotional manner.
Engaging Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs):
- Establish close relationship with KOLs.
- Share the information with the field and office team regarding communications with KOLs.
- Gather intelligence on the patient pathway and therapeutic decision making for relevant disease areas.
- Identify thought leaders for advisory boards, conference speaking and undertaking clinical research.
- Develop scientific presentations and other non-promotional material to engage healthcare professionals.
- Respond to medical and scientific queries with high quality and evidence based information in a timely manner.
- Support the medical department to deliver high quality medical education and scientific symposia.
- Inform marketing campaigns with the latest trends and current scientific opinion in the disease area.
- Support company sponsored and investigator initiated research activity.
- Work within the current ABPI code of practice and adhere to the highest ethical standards.