The Company: This global market leader in ophthalmic surgical ophthalmic devices is a growing and dynamic organisation. With a vision to be the number one eye care company in the UK, they are growing their business by putting their customers at the centre of everything that they do. They believe in working together as a team to achieve excellence and having fun along the way.
The Position: An outstanding opportunity has now arisen to join this results driven team as a product manager for their OTC/Aesthetics division. With ownership of your own portfolio of products and a focus on marketing this role has excellent career potential.
Why Should You Apply?
- You will be working for a market leading, well-respected organisation.
- Although part of a global organisation, their business model allows autonomy and accountability without bureaucracy and red tape.
- You be part of a results-driven culture.
- A very visible role with excellent career development opportunities.
Basic salary: Negotiable
Bonus: 7.5% of salary
Area working: head office-based in Kingston upon Thames
Products: OTC and Aesthetics brands
You will manage the entire marketing mix of the OTC and Aesthetics brands and be responsible for increasing growth and profitability in the OTC business through strategic development and implementation of defined tactical and promotional plans. You will:
- Contribute to the development of the annual UK/Ireland Sales + Marketing plan.
- Manage the implementation of activities within the plan providing clear direction to sales teams on existing and new product launch strategies.
- Support the commercialisation of new products (Business development or New Product Development) and contribute to launch plans designed to ensure sales rep engagement, customer advocacy and rapid sales uptake.
- Work with the Business Unit Head Pharma and professional relations team to ensure a robust training plan for maximising growth potential of new and existing products.
- Take an active role in supporting the key account manager and sales reps during early product trials in order to gather insight, share best practice and drive accelerated growth of new products.
- Set up relevant pricing, channel strategies and promotional tactics for new and existing products that will result in maximised profit margin and market share gain.
- Implement and drive a digital strategy to support internal e-commerce platforms.
Ideally qualified to degree level in business or marketing you will have experience of working within a multi-national healthcare company. You will have experience of product marketing; ideally within consumer healthcare and/or medical devices and be able to demonstrate skill and success within digital marketing. You may currently be working as part of a marketing team and be keen to take ownership of your own marketing projects. In addition:
- You should be able to demonstrate a capability in business case development.
- You will have strong analytical skills.
- You are an agile problem solver.
- You thrive on achieving targets.
- You are able to build strong brand plans.
- You are an excellent communicator.
- You are able to persuade and influence people.
- You are customer focused.
- You are able to demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and commercial acumen.
- You embrace change.
- You are able to operate with ambiguity and demonstrate a strong ability to multitask.
- You are able to manage expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- You enjoy delivering to tight deadlines in a results orientated organisation.