This is a superb opportunity to work with driven and passionate people who value innovative solutions in diabetes care. This company have sold over six million devices, two billion sensors, and developed the first FDA-cleared blood glucose meter/ app for iPhone. Be part of a vision for shaping the diabetes market through continuous innovations in biosensor technology and blood glucose monitoring.
Basic salary: to £36,000
Bonus: £12k paid quarterly with over target potential
Benefits: car allowance, pension, lunch allowance
Area Working: Scotland
Product / Service: Blood Glucose Meters, Mobile Applications (developed the first FDA-cleared blood glucose meter/app for iPhone), Diabetes Test Strips
- This position will be responsible for management of an assigned territory calling on predominantly Secondary Care and Primary Care sites, other diabetes-related institutions and personnel. The objective will be to grow sales, gain new distribution, support customers in the field and create awareness for the products.
- Focus on and build relationships within assigned territory.
- Working knowledge of the processes and intricacies of the NHS reimbursement scheme and how that affects product use and recommendation of products.
- Develop local strategies to overcome CCG/LHB contracts and formularies where they restrict to limited companies.
- Gain new distribution on existing and new products, while executing marketing and promotional strategies to increase market share.
- Build competitive immunity at each assigned account by thoroughly understanding all aspects of the account and creating multi-level relationships within the account, both vertically and horizontally.
- Develop a working knowledge of the inter-relationship of Nurse Practitioners (NPs), Practice Nurses (PNs), Diabetes Specialist Nurses (DSNs), Clinicians and Pharmacists and work to gain recommendations along every link of the chain.
- Communicate internally with all departments with respect to account activities and needed support.
- Provide timely updates to the Regional Sales Manager, AEL on accounts and provide market feedback.
- Attend conferences and exhibitions as needed to support marketing efforts and interface with accounts.
- Spend a minimum of 80% of working time with prospects and customers.
- Assist the General Manager, AEL with development and training of new sales personnel as required.
- Perform special projects as determined by the National Sales Manager and/or General Manager, AEL.
You will have customer-facing sales experience in diabetes products and services. Blood Glucose Monitoring sales experience is preferable, but someone other diabetes sales experience such as insulin or oral therapies will also be considered. You should be a self-starter who does not need micro-management and wants more out of a role. You should be a thinking sales person who is motivated to make a difference in the marketplace and contribute positively to the company objectives. You should be confident presenting to healthcare professionals including Clinicians, DSNs, NHS managers, CCG/LHB leads etc.